• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

designing an office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    He just gave him a decent back instead and cursed you with a weak spine
    My spine is fine. I seem to be blessed with wealth as well as health, unlike some God botherers, though
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

or perhaps this desk?

Last edited by chef; 15 August 2012, 11:46.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

How about this chair? Apparently it make's you happy & productive too
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          or perhaps this desk?

Bit OTT, no?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            it looks like something a woman would sit on when visiting the gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Bit OTT, no?
              the price yes, but I like the design or atleast it's sort of in the right direction of enough space for 2 monitors with a seperate area for writing but it is a bit "executive/director/head of a large multi national corporation" ish

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                the price yes, but I like the design or atleast it's sort of in the right direction of enough space for 2 monitors with a seperate area for writing but it is a bit "executive/director/head of a large multi national corporation" ish
                Well I'm more practical - as someone noted a desk is just a big flat surface. Not worth paying too much for. Whereas a chair affects you mentally amd physically so worth coughing up for that.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Does it come with the model?

Comment

Well I'm more practical - as someone noted a desk is just a big flat surface. Not worth paying too much for. Whereas a chair affects you mentally amd physically so worth coughing up for that.
                    I disagree.

- a desk needs to be big enough for your requirements but also not look out of place in the space its in
                    - the correct height to fit your desired chair
                    - the correct depth so that it can fit the monitors / keyboard etc and not feel too cramped.
                    - you're unlikely to buy many work desks in your life and so it should also be of a style that isnt going to look dated a few years down the line
                    - the material should ideally fit its surroundings i.e a dark mahogany desk isn't going to look very good surrounded by pine bookshelves
                    - it needs to be sturdy and not fall to bits in a year

lots of things to think about

Comment

Keep your crappy chair then, pauper, no one's forcing you to buy it.
                      Yes, after thousands of years of using chairs made out of bits of wood, suddenly we need a space-age £1000 chair for a poor little backs.

Alternatively you're a tosser with more money than brains and they saw you coming. Although even if you were a pauper you'd still have more money than brains...

HTH.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X