• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

designing an office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although OTOH if you don't have such a fancy chair now, you probably don't need one But go for something costing at least a ton, not a £14.99 Office Depot chair

I don't see why Ikea is going to fall apart unless you mis-treat it... you sit at a desk typing all day, you don't have manual labourers stumbling around!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Aerons are good.

Desks are a personal choice as height is quite important for long term comfort, that's why most proper office desks are adjustable.

If you have two monitors one of those adjustable clamp things is good. I'd invest in a decent mechanical keyboard like a filco or das as well.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        good to know, cheers sas
        No problem. It's a no brainer getting an Aeron. You can't afford for the sake of your back NOT to have one. Once you have one you'll wonder why you didn't have one before. If the missus would let me I'd have another one in the sitting room, they're that good.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Aerons are good.

Desks are a personal choice as height is quite important for long term comfort, that's why most proper office desks are adjustable.

If you have two monitors one of those adjustable clamp things is good. I'd invest in a decent mechanical keyboard like a filco or das as well.
          i'm liking the Filco Majestouch-2, great recommendation. Desks are proving to be quite tricky to find the exact style I want. Something thats simple in design, big enough for 2 monitors, laptop, keyboard, mouse and writing space. Kind of like this

but only as an idea, the above example is a bit too "reception desk" looking.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            i'm liking the Filco Majestouch-2, great recommendation. Desks are proving to be quite tricky to find the exact style I want. Something thats simple in design, big enough for 2 monitors, laptop, keyboard, mouse and writing space. Kind of like this

but only as an idea, the above example is a bit too "reception desk" looking.
            I have this one. Not too big and not too small. Height adjustable. Should be able to get something similar in the Vaterland?

Triumph Everyday Essential Height Adjustable Ergonomic Desks | Everyday Essential Height Settable Desks

Edit: Just realised they come in different sizes. I have the smallest, but the largest should be plenty big enough
            Last edited by sasguru; 15 August 2012, 10:05.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              No problem. It's a no brainer getting an Aeron. You can't afford for the sake of your back NOT to have one. Once you have one you'll wonder why you didn't have one before. If the missus would let me I'd have another one in the sitting room, they're that good.
              If you don't suffer from back problems after decades of sitting in a chair, why would you need to spend £hundreds on a fancy chair? For those with problems it's a great idea - although realistically there are loads of companies making non-luxury chairs which are equally medically sound. Same as an ergonomic keyboard or a trackball; if you are prone to RSI it's a no-brainer but getting them automatically isn't necessary.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If you don't suffer from back problems after decades of sitting in a chair, why would you need to spend £hundreds on a fancy chair? For those with problems it's a great idea - although realistically there are loads of companies making non-luxury chairs which are equally medically sound. Same as an ergonomic keyboard or a trackball; if you are prone to RSI it's a no-brainer but getting them automatically isn't necessary.
                Keep your crappy chair then, pauper, no one's forcing you to buy it.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Keep your crappy chair then, pauper, no one's forcing you to buy it.
                  my chair is so crappy, I have to put a cushion on it.
                  and you know that process where you force strange gasses into the rock and they permeate the molecular structure of the silicates ? well thats how come I know so much about frakking

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    my chair is so crappy, I have to put a cushion on it.
                    and you know that process where you force strange gasses into the rock and they permeate the molecular structure of the silicates ? well thats how come I know so much about frakking

The thing is, apparently God loves doogie very much. And yet doesn't provide him with a decent chair.
                    If I loved someone I'd make sure they had a decent chair.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The thing is, apparently God loves doogie very much. And yet doesn't provide him with a decent chair.
                      If I loved someone I'd make sure they had a decent chair.
                      He just gave him a decent back instead and cursed you with a weak spine
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X