• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's banned for one week, btw.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I just checked, and this thread is still not registering on my give-a-tulip-o-meter.

HTH.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I just checked, and this thread is still not registering on my give-a-tulip-o-meter.

HTH.
        Do any threads reach that high?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Do any threads reach that high?
          Yours do mate, always.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Meh
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's a shame that it's that twat Rusell who raised this issue, and in such a numpty way, because there's a real and serious debate to be had here.
              And that is what an accountancy firm should provide for the money you pay them.
              Scotsgal was shouted down ( and it could very well have been a sockie) but she/he/it made a valid point: when you pay someone £100 plus a month, you shouldn't really have to think about the accountancy stuff.
              When I was contracting I was constantly annoyed by how little accountants actually do for their money - you can't get simpler than a contractor's accounts.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I pay my accountant on a time and materials basis, so I know exactly what he does for the money I pay him.

If you think it's a serious issue, raise it on the Legal and Accounting forum.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  When I was contracting I was constantly annoyed by how little accountants actually do for their money - you can't get simpler than a contractor's accounts.
                  I seem to remember that a couple of hundred years ago a doctor pulled a tooth for a gentleman - then presented him with a bill for a guinea. The gentleman refused to pay without a full breakdown saying it was too expensive. The doctor sent a bill. "For pulling the tooth - 1 shilling. For knowing how to pull the tooth so it caused the least pain - 1 pound".

And there are plenty of accountants and plenty of competition.

Comment

It's a shame that it's that twat Rusell who raised this issue, and in such a numpty way, because there's a real and serious debate to be had here.
                    Scotsgal was shouted down ( and it could very well have been a sockie) but she/he/it made a valid point: when you pay someone £100 plus a month, you shouldn't really have to think about the accountancy stuff.
                    You are simpler than a contractor's accounts.

HTH

Comment

+1 although without the original article its impossible to accurately comment whether Russell had a valid complaint or had just get the wrong idea about what argument NW were using for the wages part of his income.

Contractor accounts are obviously simple I would have though this years tax efficient plan could be written with full explanation on 1 side of A4.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X