• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot breaking news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I hate to make a pedantic point here, but there is a difference between arming someone, and selling someone some swag.

You arm someone freely, in the hope of having some control and in the hope that they will do your dirty deeds and in the further hope that it will not come back to bite you on the bum.

You sell swag in order to make a big profit, protect jobs, and, hopefully keep your trading partners in the governing business so that trade can continue into the future

It's a dirty business. But if the people you sell swag to decide to go off and arm someone, that's their business
    Tell that to Christopher Tappin.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      I tried. he didn't listen

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

One of us is naive, certainly. I've worked up close with the FCO and with the Police in this country, so I'm fairly certain that my views are at least informed, whether you happen to like or agree with them or not.
        Oh my, as a .Net developer stuck up in the backwaters of <modded> I bet you've had cutting edge exposure to the intricacies of the inner war room. Well ain’t we lucky to have Waltrina Mitty here to keep us all abreast of the hush hush deals flowing from Whitehall.

Last edited by NotAllThere; 6 August 2012, 12:54. Reason: Removed home address information...
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Ad hominems the best you can come up with to back up your views, incognito? How pathetic and unsurprising.

Comment

What, you mean in the same way that we seem to be able to happily extradite retired British businessmen that export batteries from the US because he's apparently arming Iran by doing so
            Tappin bought direct from the US to sell onto Iran. There's just a bit of a difference between that and H & K selling a ship load of G-36 to the Saudi MoD which then happens to be put onboard a ship to Istanbul when arriving at Riyadh. Do you see the difference? Do you?

What you neglect to mention about Tappin was that his buddy did a plea deal with the Us and provided a tulip load of pretty hard evidence that sort of blew his whole 'I only thought they were going to the Netherlands' story out of the water.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

I think EO was making a distinction in the english definition and understanding, rather than a point of law. You would have to ask him though.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Yes, no that's right because he hasn't raised the Syria issue at all recently has he.

02 June 2012

10 June 2012

03 July 2012

04 July 2012

17 July 2012

19 July 2012

23 July 2012

But not one of these is from the tabloid press.

Comment

Ad hominems the best you can come up with to back up your views, incognito? How pathetic and unsurprising.
                  You claiming to have a penis now? You ever flew tornados by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I think EO was making a distinction in the english definition and understanding, rather than a point of law. You would have to ask him though.
                    shut it you, and butt out

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      But not one of these is from the tabloid press.

And?

Comment

Working...
                      X