• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot breaking news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Yeah, all true, but he's quite cute. And he's got a very nice Scottish accent.
    And he's also very good at winding people up, as we very well know.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yeah, all true, but he's quite cute. And he's got a very nice Scottish accent.
      I hope that's true. But he's been a total prat in this thread. Why is that the Jocks on CUK (present self excepted) have proven to be the gobbiest and least informed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        I hope that's true. But he's been a total prat in this thread. Why is that the Jocks on CUK (present self excepted) have proven to be the gobbiest and least informed!?
        Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          And he's also very good at winding people up, as we very well know.
          No doubt he'll be along in a minute claiming that he was "only winding me up". Bless.

PS: Your cat has been in my garden again today. My neighbours and I call him "Satan/Basement Cat", since he's got such a bad attitude. He's not a Jock, is he?

Comment

Oi!
            Ooop, sorry, I had no idea. You're lovely too.

Comment

Oh - and MF's not a Scot.

Comment

Oh - and MF's not a Scot.
                I give up.

Comment

Oh really? And what exactly am I "talking bollocks" about? You accused me of being "naive" on the subject matter of this thread. I pointed out that I'm not since I've got first-hand experience of both the Police service and the FCO. You seemed to find that latter hard to believe based on what you think you know about me, so here's a redacted copy of my correspondence with the FCO concerning the position I was offered with them:

(NB: I've "recycled" the CUK logo in that image from the last time I had to give someone a slap on here for gobbing off and knowing nothing but knowing it loudly.)

Now that we've got your unfounded claim that I'm somehow "naive" or unworldly merely because I expressed an opinion that you didn't like out of the way, let's focus on you for a moment. So far, the only 'evidence' you've provided to back up your own uninformed and naive opinions is a Google search. And a couple of fairly clumsy ad hominems. Which indicates that you've acquired your own 'informed' opinions from a combination of the internet and your own immaturity.

Is that really all you've got to back up your own naive views? A lousy attitude and Google? Dear me!
                  general is slipping thesec days. do we really have to put up with people who know what they are talking about? I far prefer uniformed speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    general is slipping thesec days. do we really have to put up with people who know what they are talking about? I far prefer uniformed speculation.
                    Now, now, Brillo. If we can tolerate your constant Iron Man updates, we can surely have room for a little pointless informed debate occasionally too.

Comment

Now, now, Brillo. If we can tolerate your constant Iron Man updates, we can surely have room for a little pointless informed debate occasionally too.
                      Lets be fair - my iron man updates are not constant. At least relative to the counting thread.

And I technical, accounting and business/contracts are for the informed debate. General is for trolling and winding up.

Its been downhill since andyw was released into the wild.

Comment

Working...
                      X