• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe we should take Eugenics more seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    hmm now that's not nice.
    It's russell, "harsh but fair" is the only means by which anything penetrates his thick skull.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      It's russell, "harsh but fair" is the only means by which anything penetrates his thick skull.
      Bone from the neck up.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Try living in a northern community and you might start to understand.

Cornwall and Devon is still a very rich area, and much desired.Property is worth something there for a start, so families have wealth if they have inherited households.

My view is that people need mobility, in order to move.

What do you think would happen too, in the ideal world, where everyone is moved to London?

Idocracy is happening.
        The other way of looking at Cornwall is that it is a very poor area.

Comment

Try living in a northern community and you might start to understand.

Cornwall and Devon is still a very rich area, and much desired.Property is worth something there for a start, so families have wealth if they have inherited households.

My view is that people need mobility, in order to move.

What do you think would happen too, in the ideal world, where everyone is moved to London?

Idocracy is happening.
          Hang on! the Poles are already there! if a bunch of northen monkeys got a stagecoach down to London we would still have the same number of people in London. But what we have instead is a bunch of guys up norf and welsh miners sat in the now dead mining towns complaining there is nothing there for them... While most of the eastern continent performs jobs that our workers could be in.... I doubt the Polish guys are expecting to sell their place in Poland and move to london for good, they see it as a way to get some money for the time being. Don't whine about mobility either because if an immigrant can hitch their way into england on the back of a lorry then Im damn sure the lazy bastards up north could make the trip!

My roofer spent the last few months driving an hour and a half up from devon to work on my place...
          It turns out that the westcountry is full of IT contractors and other workers that migrate all over the country on a Monday and come back at the weekend. So at what point do the feckless get the opportunity to sit on their arse in a dead zone taking handouts?

If we are not going to regenerate those sinks that we have, then its time we dragged the people in them to where the work is.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Hang on! the Poles are already there! if a bunch of northen monkeys got a stagecoach down to London we would still have the same number of people in London. But what we have instead is a bunch of guys up norf and welsh miners sat in the now dead mining towns complaining there is nothing there for them... While most of the eastern continent performs jobs that our workers could be in.... I doubt the Polish guys are expecting to sell their place in Poland and move to london for good, they see it as a way to get some money for the time being. Don't whine about mobility either because if an immigrant can hitch their way into england on the back of a lorry then Im damn sure the lazy bastards up north could make the trip!

My roofer spent the last few months driving an hour and a half up from devon to work on my place...
            It turns out that the westcountry is full of IT contractors and other workers that migrate all over the country on a Monday and come back at the weekend. So at what point do the feckless get the opportunity to sit on their arse in a dead zone taking handouts?

If we are not going to regenerate those sinks that we have, then its time we dragged the people in them to where the work is.
            Nice rant there about areas outside the eutopia that is the South East. Only problem is SASguru went to a Tesco in the South East and it was full of people with egg down their jumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              Nice rant there about areas outside the eutopia that is the South East. Only problem is SASguru went to a Tesco in the South East and it was full of people with egg down their jumpers.
              So is our local superstore in the westcu'tree . There is little difference where ever you are. I was picking up on scoobs point that its not nice to call them scruffs or whatnot and that its not their fault that they are stuck in their situation. Being poor never stopped my mother getting off her arse and moving to help herself, and it doesn't stop the Eastern europeans getting here to do the same. But what we seem to have is a vast swath of plebes that know how to drink and screw and complain about their situation while doing little to solve it and expecting everyone else except them to take the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I won't go there again.
                I am sure they will be crushed!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Scoobos, been through this before, you can rent a room down here for £50, and there are plenty of jobs.

Catch a coach down to work or start a business up there.

My family are from Kent, via Birmingham, Yorkshire, India & Surrey. The adult children are spread throughout the country and all doing well as top 10% earners.

Once you crack it, there is gold in them thar hills.

but I am also envious of the taxpayer funded house our local baby farm (5 kids and counting) gets for free. Its nicer than ours we pay for.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      While < A MINORITY > of the eastern continent performs jobs that our workers could be in.... I .
                      There's a lot more people in Eastern europe than you think.

Comment

Working...
                      X