• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hit and run and pass and pass and pass and

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SameOldStory
    As someone once paraphrased, "at least it is newsworthy"

Whilst it is newsworthy it is an anomaly. Once this sort of thing doesn't get reported, it is time to worry.

Once we start to see stories like "Good samaritan stops to help injured girl until amublance arrives", then we'll know we're in trouble.

"If it bleeds, it leads."
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      Oh brilliant!

So, what you're saying is that you reckon your own convenience is more important than the distress of a badly injured child.

It's unthinkable that so many failed to stop. What sort of country are we living in now?
      Well, yes.

In Denmark, and most places, I'd feel safe to stop. In England I'd be worried about the plod making deliberate errors, people making completely false statements and all just 'cause I have a nice car.

It is one of the reasons I left the UK, I like to drive nice cars, and I'd like to do it without green eyed monsters causing me unwarranted grief.

Get hit with a stick often enough and you have to wonder why you get in its way.

If that makes me a bad person, well, I just don't care.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        I like to drive nice cars
        Says more about you than cash ever can (tm)

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Driving round an injured girl is quite bizarre although Hyper has a point as far as less serious incidents go. I know somebody who stopped to help after an accident, then when called as a witness, was amazed to find himself being accused by the defendant's lawyer of being to blame for it.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            Driving round an injured girl is quite bizarre although Hyper has a point as far as less serious incidents go. I know somebody who stopped to help after an accident, then when called as a witness, was amazed to find himself being accused by the defendant's lawyer of being to blame for it.
            Yes I know. My brother-in-law is a lawyer and he freely admits that is job consists solely of bending the truth (or outright lying) in the favour of his client for pure financial gain.

In any decent sort of society, lawyers would be utter pariahs.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

In Indonesia on a gasfield about 20 years back and used to be driven back & forward between the accomodation and the plant. I was warned that if my driver hit any of the locals we should drive off a quickly as possible, or if the car was out of action, to get out and run like hell, as their families and neighbours would kill you.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                In Indonesia on a gasfield about 20 years back and used to be driven back & forward between the accomodation and the plant. I was warned that if my driver hit any of the locals we should drive off a quickly as possible, or if the car was out of action, to get out and run like hell, as their families and neighbours would kill you.
                Same here - pretty much. Except that the family would stand around with a can of Tennants/Diamon-White each, and a mouthfull of chips, pointing and gawking at the deceased and going gooaooaahhrrr!

Comment

Says more about you than cash ever can (tm)
                  What are you on with now you blithering idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    What are you on with now you blithering idiot?
                    Sir,

I am stunned by the lucidity of your argument and must admit that I am no match for you in the intellectual or wittiness stakes.

I was simply observing that people who like to drive 'nice' cars (i.e. big flashy sports cars) are generally deficient in the reproductive organ department and have a poor sense of self-worth.

You also seem to take pleasure in the notion that people who see you driving your chariot are 'green eyed' and wish they were you.

In fact, they probably don't notice you and would rather be dead than be you.

HTH

Your obedient servant

R J H Bogey esq.

p.s. you are a ****, as Clavdivs would have it.

Comment

Sir,

I am stunned by the lucidity of your argument and must admit that I am no match for you in the intellectual or wittiness stakes.

I was simply observing that people who like to drive 'nice' cars (i.e. big flashy sports cars) are generally deficient in the reproductive organ department and have a poor sense of self-worth.

You also seem to take pleasure in the notion that people who see you driving your chariot are 'green eyed' and wish they were you.

In fact, they probably don't notice you and would rather be dead than be you.

HTH

Your obedient servant

R J H Bogey esq.

p.s. you are a ****, as Clavdivs would have it.
                      Ahh, you were just talking complete arse as per usual. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                      X