• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it I can't take this ****** weather anymore! How do I get a gig in Ausie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornwall is one of the less sunny areas of the UK.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Cornwall is one of the less sunny areas of the UK.
      ...and fairly windy and damp too! I think Devon must be one of the damper ones too!

Comment

Yes the SW is warm, but not sunny. I am sure the NE is much drier, but also obviously colder.
        So it depends if you want warm, or are happy with cold+sunny (which I love).
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          15 days a year over 30 deg is not much really is it tiger.

I'm telling ya... It's not like the med here... The weather is not that good.
          When it's 15 days in a row it feels like a lot. Especially when there's a few days in the middle over 40.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Yes the SW is warm, but not sunny. I am sure the NE is much drier, but also obviously colder.
            So it depends if you want warm, or are happy with cold+sunny (which I love).
            I'd prefer seasons to be seasons, so prefer cold+sunny. But I love Devon so much, I can deal with the damp and snow once every 30 years. Plants grow well here too.

Comment

I would ... Cheaper and less hassle

Or move to Cornwall
              I'll translate that for you...

Stay at home we don't need another miserable pommie git.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                When it's 15 days in a row it feels like a lot. Especially when there's a few days in the middle over 40.
                I think this is what the chaps missing. I loved sydney weather when I was 26. I loved shirtless soccer in winter, loved being able to wander around without scarfs and big old coats. But when it gets hot, it gets unbearably so. AS far as I would remember it, it would build up over a few days to a 40, have a feck off big storm, then start off around the late 20's again, and the time to build up was all muggy and all sorts.

Darwin rarely got over 34, but was quite literally hellish. All day long. I had a stay in a friends house there that had a pool but no A/C. I used to drink myself stupid, then have a quick swim, then jump in bed and pray I was asleep before I dried off under the fan.

I worked in Adelaide in the Summer for the 87 GP and it was nearly every day hotter than 34. I remember this very well as the Union folk we'd employed wouldn't work over 32 and we had to pay them more to come to work.

I also remember, particularly well, a week in Orange NSW where I worked in 46 degree heat, even have the photo taken for the local rag of me doing so.

It's feckin hot there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  I think this is what the chaps missing. I loved sydney weather when I was 26. I loved shirtless soccer in winter, loved being able to wander around without scarfs and big old coats. But when it gets hot, it gets unbearably so. AS far as I would remember it, it would build up over a few days to a 40, have a feck off big storm, then start off around the late 20's again, and the time to build up was all muggy and all sorts.

Darwin rarely got over 34, but was quite literally hellish. All day long. I had a stay in a friends house there that had a pool but no A/C. I used to drink myself stupid, then have a quick swim, then jump in bed and pray I was asleep before I dried off under the fan.

I worked in Adelaide in the Summer for the 87 GP and it was nearly every day hotter than 34. I remember this very well as the Union folk we'd employed wouldn't work over 32 and we had to pay them more to come to work.

I also remember, particularly well, a week in Orange NSW where I worked in 46 degree heat, even have the photo taken for the local rag of me doing so.

It's feckin hot there.
                  I've been here 10 years and never found it too hot. It rarely gets over 30 degrees in Sydney, even in summer. Check your stats.

Mind you when it does get hot its the poms who moan the loudest. Not me though, I love the heat ... I couldn't stand another uk winter

Also, in Sydney warmer weather lasts 6 months ... NOv till may ...

Comment

I've been here 10 years and never found it too hot. It rarely gets over 30 degrees in Sydney, even in summer. Check your stats.

Mind you when it dies get hot its the poms who moan the loudest. Not me though, I love the heat ... I couldn't stand another uk winter

Also, in Sydney warmer weather lasts 6 months ... NOv till may ...
                    Honestly, you said you're not interested in arguing with me, and I am in agreement; you just want to be right. Summer does not start in November, nor end in May.

Summer, from your very own weather site, is: December to February. 89 days.

As I said, 17 from 89 is not rarely, is it tiger?

I am agreeing with most of your sentiments. As a young man, without cares, nor family, I loved it. Was a great place to get laid, get drunk, and have fun. I also hate english winters, as they've become. However, if they got back to the ones in 2010 and 2011, they'd be much better, as it's the damp and grey I don't like, not the cold.

But to say it rarely gets above 30, isn't really the truth. That's all I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                      Honestly, you said you're not interested in arguing with me, and I am in agreement; you just want to be right. Summer does not start in November, nor end in May.

Summer, from your very own weather site, is: December to February. 89 days.

As I said, 17 from 89 is not rarely, is it tiger?

I am agreeing with most of your sentiments. As a young man, without cares, nor family, I loved it. Was a great place to get laid, get drunk, and have fun. I also hate english winters, as they've become. However, if they got back to the ones in 2010 and 2011, they'd be much better, as it's the damp and grey I don't like, not the cold.

But to say it rarely gets above 30, isn't really the truth. That's all I am saying.
                      I tell you what son, you're f*cked when Admin finds out that you're Zoiderman in a skirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X