• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The term racist is used too often

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Race was a factor. Was it the motive though?

I think the motive was sexual. White girls were targetted because a) you don't tulip on your own doorstep, and b) they're easier targets due to the reasons people have mentioned.

If I decide to rob people for money and I pick old ladies, is my crime ageism?
    Cracking point. Just to add to that - the Pakistani community has some serious issues due to the backwards nature of their culture, this clearly has nothing to do with religion but people always seem to mix the culture with the religion and seem to think it is the same thing. There are many subcommunities within the UK which have serious problems and the Pakistanis are one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Cracking point. Just to add to that - the Pakistani community has some serious issues due to the backwards nature of their culture, this clearly has nothing to do with religion but people always seem to mix the culture with the religion and seem to think it is the same thing. There are many subcommunities within the UK which have serious problems and the Pakistanis are one of them.

Pakistanis have a serious problem even in Pakistan where law and order has gone out of control. The problem is definitely culture specific. In their culture women are supposed to be wearing a scarf to hide their face and sit at home all day and cook and clean. It is probably not race related but they probably targetted white teenage grils because they were in the majority there. If they found a black teenage girl or an indian teenage girl whom they could groom they probably would have tried. But sexually grooming a white girl would have earned them brownie points among the gang.

Hanging is too good for these assholes.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        And my ex-Mrs wonders why I spend all my time trying to get my son to move in with me, and leave the tulipe parts of Heywood that she lives in...
        Don't blame you, I lived in Heywood from 1970-2003, got family links in the place going back to at least 1900. Used to be a good, honest, working town.

Tulip-hole now.
        Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And of course there are levels of prisoners. Those who abuse the vulnerable are right at the bottom.
          And that, is my point!

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Well worth it we moved from a marginal area to a nice area just as our eldest turned 6, before they picked up the local vibe.
          Already on it. House sale in progress is a move to the edge of Rochdale and one of the best areas. We compromised.

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
          Don't blame you, I lived in Heywood from 1970-2003, got family links in the place going back to at least 1900. Used to be a good, honest, working town.

Tulip-hole now.
          Chances are, you may know my brother (if in your mid-40s)... He was around that area during the mods and rockers etc, with him being a punk. We lived on Clay Bank Street (back o' the moss) at that time. Made him the man he is today!
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Cracking point. Just to add to that - the Pakistani community has some serious issues due to the backwards nature of their culture, this clearly has nothing to do with religion
            It has everything to do with religion
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              Chances are, you may know my brother (if in your mid-40s)... He was around that area during the mods and rockers etc, with him being a punk. We lived on Clay Bank Street (back o' the moss) at that time. Made him the man he is today!
              Possibly, being in the rocker camp (Headbanger's Ball at the Civic, happy days) I'd have probably avoided him
              Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                It has everything to do with religion
                Ok troll

Comment

There are many subcommunities within the UK which have serious problems and the Pakistanis are one of them.
                  Couldn't agree more.

Multiculturalism can work in my opinion, Canada (was?) a shining example of this when I lived there in the mid 00's.

What doesn't work and what grinds my gears is "multi-communities" in the same town or city.

I got called racist , when first arriving in berkshire, for saying that I objected to Slough Borough Councils slogan "Taking pride in our communities and town"

For me, thats saying that the town is completely split and that that's fine - there's an article on it here too:

Public sector mottos: the weird and the meaningless - Telegraph

Citizens of a town should all surely share the "SAME" community. You can have many cultures but they should all be in the same community for example.

I'd say that these monsters are targetting young white teenage children because we have many on the street without close parental guidance, one thing the asian community seem to do well is maintain close knit families - they would NEVER get away with it.

I am not racist at all, I abhore racism - but you must still be able to call a spade a spade - we can't hide behind the race issue. There are without a doubt many people in the UK now, who do not wish in any way to integrate and see us as a nation to exploit - that's not racist either. People are good and bad, no matter what the race - its just a shame that we have an open door policy that seems to attract many bad people.

I'm not getting drawn into a flame war - but NOBODY deserves rape , and to criticise our CHILDREN for not making sensible (adult) decisions, when they are being groomed; is immoral. We need to openly criticise the people doing this and have ZERO tolerance to it, no matter what the bloody race of the offenders. I usually enjoy reading your posts , but to infer that any child is "asking for it" is disgusting and you need to get that addressed in your mind.
                  Last edited by Scoobos; 9 May 2012, 09:52. Reason: 1 day I'll post and not edit, 1 day...

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    Couldn't agree more.

Multiculturalism can work in my opinion, Canada (was?) a shining example of this when I lived there in the mid 00's.

What doesn't work and what grinds my gears is "multi-communities" in the same town or city.

I got called racist , when first arriving in berkshire, for saying that I objected to Slough Borough Councils slogan "Taking pride in our communities and town"

For me, thats saying that the town is completely split and that that's fine - there's an article on it here too:

Public sector mottos: the weird and the meaningless - Telegraph

Citizens of a town should all surely share the "SAME" community. You can have many cultures but they should all be in the same community for example.

I'd say that these monsters are targetting young white teenage children because we have many on the street without close parental guidance, one thing the asian community seem to do well is maintain close knit families - they would NEVER get away with it.

I am not racist at all, I abhore racism - but you must still be able to call a spade a spade - we can't hide behind the race issue. There are without a doubt many people in the UK now, who do not wish in any way to integrate and see us as a nation to exploit - that's not racist either. People are good and bad, no matter what the race - its just a shame that we have an open door policy that seems to attract many bad people.

I'm not getting drawn into a flame war - but NOBODY deserves rape , and to criticise our CHILDREN for not making sensible (adult) decisions, when they are being groomed; is immoral. We need to openly criticise the people doing this and have ZERO tolerance to it, no matter what the bloody race of the offenders. I usually enjoy reading your posts , but to infer that any child is "asking for it" is disgusting and you need to get that addressed in your mind.
                    Nobody on this forum has said or inferred that those girls deserved what happened to them.

Good attempt at joining the lynch mob though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

For me, thats saying that the town is completely split and that that's fine - .......
                      +1

Community is another term that's over-used, everyone's part of some smaller 'community' that differentiates them and points to some special, alternative 'community' requirement.

How we're supposed to live happily together when the focus is on our differences I'll never know
                      Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
                      X