• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The term racist is used too often

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But how do we know that the CPS decided not to prosecute because they didn't want to appear racist. I don't see any evidence of that, because in the end they did prosecute. They apparently didn't go ahead before because they didn't think the witness was sufficiently credible. But that's a different reason. Not saying it's right though, but these things happen.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Race was a factor. Was it the motive though?

I think the motive was sexual. White girls were targetted because a) you don't tulip on your own doorstep, and b) they're easier targets due to the reasons people have mentioned.

If I decide to rob people for money and I pick old ladies, is my crime ageism?
      But if it had been black girls targeted it would have been racist
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        Couldn't agree more.

I am not racist at all, I abhore racism - but you must still be able to call a spade a spade - ....
        ho ho , very good

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

For me it is these kind of stories that keep appearing from the same community that are giving an excuse for all those jumping on the islamaphobia propoganda bandwagon. Every type of extremism seems to appear from that part of the world whether it is terrorism, extreme religious practices, violence, political extremism, forced marriage, extreme culture.

Comment

you must still be able to call a spade an optimum logic sub stratum revelation device
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              ho ho , very good

Lol, Im too young to know that was a derogatory racist comment... I had to put it in a search engine to get it....

It wasn't meant that way...

Oh dear....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                For me it is these kind of stories that keep appearing from the same community that are giving an excuse for all those jumping on the islamaphobia propoganda bandwagon. Every type of extremism seems to appear from that part of the world whether it is terrorism, extreme religious practices, violence, political extremism, forced marriage, extreme culture.
                Asian Babes. Dont forget Asian babes.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Not so sure about that, I think you'll find extreme culture and religious practices in many other countries, say Israel , perhaps even America in some peoples eyes (ever been to deepest darkest NJ?)

Forced Marriage is commonplace in Eastern Europe, with human trafficking of underage girls from Russia to be married off as soon as they turn 16 in western countries..

That said, Afghanistan and perhaps Pakistan have MANY problems all rolled into one... (I've never been to either, and in my opinion , you need to in order to pass your own personal judgement on things)

Comment

You mean America - remember Waco!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lol, Im too young to know that was a derogatory racist comment... I had to put it in a search engine to get it....

It wasn't meant that way...

Oh dear....
                      apparently, in this age of enlightenment, you can be racist even if you dont intend to be, and even if you dont know that you are being so.
                      As long as the poor victim perceives it, you fckng nicked mate

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X