• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Porsche 911 are you driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I wasn't buying it on finance. I was a cash buyer that wanted to know how much cash I would have for my next toy when I got bored of washing it and wanted a change.
    Porsche were just being upfront with me when I told them I changed cars roughly once every 2 years and generally put about 40 to 80k on them while I have them. The salesman was going through his sales patter about "Oh sir porsches never depreciate and we always pay a high trade in for them etc etc" having owned Toyotas, Mercs, Saabs , Hondas, an Audi and a few Range Rovers and lost tonnes of money on all of them. I was surprised to hear a salesman have the balls to spout something like that.

So off the back of that conversation it seems to me that Porsches are fine as long as you never drive it or if you do have the nerve to use it to drive, never want to sell it on in the first 5 years... Am I missing something?
    Then I think you'll find nearly every franchised dealer of whatever marque, wont stock cars on their forecourt with 60,000+ miles on the clock.

And you can include Toyota, Vauxhall and yes, even Ford in that lot.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Then I think you'll find nearly every franchised dealer of whatever marque, wont stock cars on their forecourt with 60,000+ miles on the clock.

And you can include Toyota, Vauxhall and yes, even Ford in that lot.
      60k is the extreme end of the wedge I agree, but expecting customers to buy a car then never use it just to ensure a decent trade in is a farking joke. Even MB will entertain an SL with 50k on the clock when Im finished with it...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        60k is the extreme end of the wedge I agree, but expecting customers to buy a car then never use it just to ensure a decent trade in is a farking joke. Even MB will entertain an SL with 50k on the clock when Im finished with it...
        If you are doing 25 - 30k a year for 2 years you're looking at 50 - 60k.

Salesmen know that stupid buyers prefer an old car with low miles rather than a new car with high miles hence, 2 y/o cars with 50- 60k on the clock are a lot harder to shift.

As i said, most franchised dealers wont stock car with 60k on the clock.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I think we're avoiding the real question here...

AtW, have you bought a Porsche?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            No.

HTH

Comment

Do they do a van?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think we're avoiding the real question here...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                No.

HTH
                Have you got a Porsche?

Comment

Have you got a Porsche?
                  No means no dude...

Stand by for a Ferrari themed poll

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    No means no dude...

Stand by for an armoured BMW X5 themed poll
                    ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Do they do a van?
                      Yes. That pig ugly Cayenne
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X