• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Porsche 911 are you driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911? Phht! Not been a good car since they did away with the whale tail and the air cooled engine.

Think you'll find lots of 911 (996's / 997's) having piston failures.

I prefer my Panamera, thanks.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

mr2 roadster S and I keep my hairdryers in the glove compartment.

Comment

There's no Audi A6 allroad 3.0 option
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Where's the 90's grey passat diesel estate option? many on this board can no longer vote!!

And what about the "I dont own a car as i fly everywhere" option ?

For that reason i'm out..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            mr2 roadster S and I keep my hairdryers in the glove compartment.
            +1

I was about to say that I had more fun in my MR2 than any car before or after, With the added bonus that brand new, it cost me less than the first years depreciation on a decent porker. I went from an MR2 to an SL Merc then when I finally had to go and find a 4 seater, for all the extra horses and bling the Porsche just didn't feel worth 50k more than the MR2. I gave up and went back to a SAAB.

Out of interest when I looked at owning a 911 from new it seemed to me that you had no chance of getting rid of it if you actually wanted to drive it. Porsche seemed intent on wanting a shiny 3yo 911 back with 10k on the clock or they would sulk. When I told the guy that I generally put 25-40k on the clock every year he almost choked and said that they probably would not want it back. Have worked with many porsche owners over the years that would take the train to avoid clocking up the miles... Seems to defeat the point of it to me.

How do the owners out there handle excessive milage?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Where's the 90's grey passat diesel estate option? many on this board can no longer vote!!
              This thread was created for:

1) 911 owners (or renters)
              2) 911 fantasy owners
              3) 911 aspiring owners
              4) losers who ask andyW for a lift in his Aygo

HTH

Comment

Saab lover here too , used to have a 93-Convertible aero beast. Drove like a fast tank (if you know what I mean)
                Shame they are dead now

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Out of interest when I looked at owning a 911 from new it seemed to me that you had no chance of getting rid of it if you actually wanted to drive it. Porsche seemed intent on wanting a shiny 3yo 911 back with 10k on the clock or they would sulk. When I told the guy that I generally put 25-40k on the clock every year he almost choked and said that they probably would not want it back. Have worked with many porsche owners over the years that would take the train to avoid clocking up the miles... Seems to defeat the point of it to me.

That was the reason I definitely didn't want a Ferrari when a colleague offered me one.

He used to look at in the garage rather than take it out for a spin. Here on the mainland at least Porsches are considered more everyday cars. A lot of folks have something else or use public transport for winter though, and that must keep the mileage down.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    +1

I was about to say that I had more fun in my MR2 than any car before or after, With the added bonus that brand new, it cost me less than the first years depreciation on a decent porker. I went from an MR2 to an SL Merc then when I finally had to go and find a 4 seater, for all the extra horses and bling the Porsche just didn't feel worth 50k more than the MR2. I gave up and went back to a SAAB.

If its on a Porsche PCP and has the agreed mileage on it, they cant refuse to take it back.

In any event, it goes back to Porsche GB Finance not the original selling garage so really dont know where you are coming from with this.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

you know what I'd rather drive something I own outright

Comment

Working...
                      X