• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Real contractors just buy new every week.
    That reminds me, I need to buy some new shirts tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Really lucky with mine: ~5 years.

X2 a week including ironing, mending clothes, changes sheets and puts shopping delivery away, if I have been on hols she will unpack and put everything away and helped me move flats twice, if I could afford I'd move her in!
      Also good that gets on with your maid and cook.

Comment

X2 a week including ironing, mending clothes, changes sheets and puts shopping delivery away, if I have been on hols she will unpack and put everything away and helped me move flats twice, if I could afford I'd move her in!
        That sounds more like a slave than a cleaner.

Comment

The more old fashioned among us call these people

Wife's !!!

Or if you are still getting a blowjob then we call them girlfriends

Comment

Modern life eh? Call me old fashioned but I kind of like being able to do things for myself. Many people seem to have zero practical skills these days. Maybe some people don't like the more domestic tasks I get that, but I increasingly meet men who can't do much at all, be it a minor repair to the car, hanging some wallpaper, putting up a picture hook etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              a minor repair to the car, hanging some wallpaper, putting up a picture hook etc etc.
              They are all dead easy to do if you've got the correct phone numbers.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                Real contractors just buy new every week.
                I've done that

Working away, never got around to doing the washing at the weekend. I had summat clean for Monday, and went shopping on the way from ClientCorp to the pub on Monday evening to buy enough clothes for the rest of the week.

I did it again about a month later

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  They are all dead easy to do if you've got the correct phone numbers.
                  Don't you feel like a wimp though? A real man has a toolbox.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                    Don't you feel like a wimp though? A real man has a toolbox.
                    Why should he feel like a wimp? I couldn't think of anything worse than having to decorate - I'll paint if I have to, but **** wallpapering and similar. I'd genuinely rather go to work and earn money so that I can pay someone else to do it. Actually, I hate DIY in general but I'll put up with hanging things, building furniture and shelves or whatever.

I do most of my car work myself because it's a hobby, but if I've got cash in the bank then I'm not going to choose to change a clutch on the drive in December for example (Reminds me of the time I had to change a brake caliper at night in a freezing thunderstorm).

I do kind of know where you're coming from - most of my friends wouldn't even know what a torque wrench was, but there's not enough time to learn to do everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                      The more old fashioned among us call these people

Wife's !!!

Or if you are still getting a blowjob then we call them girlfriends
                      wives

Comment

Working...
                      X