• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Repileaks - should rep be anonymous?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I seem to have been hit with a 1000 negative rep. It'll slow me down a little but I'll recover.
    It's only a flesh wound.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      surely randomly using up rep by +ve ing a poster may result in getting more +ve in return.
      But I'd rather I got, or didn't get, rep genuinely... unlike MF I don't dream of topping the chart.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But I'd rather I got, or didn't get, rep genuinely... unlike MF I don't dream of topping the chart.
        But how can it be genuine, when you have to spread it about? That's where random repping comes in. Unless it's changed it doesn't matter if you wait a day or a week or a month - you have to rep lots (20?) of other people before you can rep the same person again.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          it was genuine rep for being honest.

Honest guv
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            But how can it be genuine, when you have to spread it about? That's where random repping comes in. Unless it's changed it doesn't matter if you wait a day or a week or a month - you have to rep lots (20?) of other people before you can rep the same person again.
            But so what? People just have to wait their turn. I'm not going rep randomly just so that 'favourites' get +ve/-ve more often.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The idea is to stop you repping the same person too often so abusing the rep system.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                But so what? People just have to wait their turn. I'm not going rep randomly just so that 'favourites' get +ve/-ve more often.
                OK - ignoring favourites etc.

If you only rep posts that are genuinely helpful, you very soon find you can't rep because you haven't spread it about enough. So the rep chart is never going to accurately reflect who the most helpful posters are - if that's what they're supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Basically we all have pretty much the same rep-giving powers now
                  Even 1 post sockies?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The idea is to stop you repping the same person too often so abusing the rep system.
                    So put a time limit, rather than a spread it about limit.

Comment

So put a time limit, rather than a spread it about limit.
                      That's not a bad idea but still won't stop people just repping one person I guess.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X