• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He is either a liar, a moron, or being badly misreported

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    WHS

Tax evasion only started once the Torys took power. Before then the mega-rich and the corporations were all paying their fair dues into the countries coffers

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    We're not talking about "Evasion" we're talking about "Avoidance".

And for the record, tax "evasion" has been around since at least 1326 as can be seen by investigating the "Lay Subsidy Rolls" of the period 1290-1332 specifically that of the "Gloucestershire Lay Subsidy Roll of 1327".

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      We're not talking about "Evasion" we're talking about "Avoidance".
      And the difference is?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        And the difference is?
        About 15 years.

"Tax Evasion" is illegal.

Comment

BBC version:

BBC News - Millionaire tax avoiders 'shock' chancellor

Among the ploys used by the very rich to cut their income tax bills to nothing, are giving all their money to charity
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            About 15 years.

"Tax Evasion" is illegal.
            The answer I was looking for is "The thickness of a prison wall" but I'll accept yours
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

My biggest bug bear is that this man has no qualifications to be doing his job.

Perhaps niavely, I always assumed that the ministers all had the credentials to be doing their jobs, but it seems they dont.

Michael Gove and Osbourne are some of the worst fakers I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                That's how UK Govt has been formed for the last few centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  "He is either a liar, a moron, or being badly misreported"

All of the above?
                  WSS. Think checkboxes, not radio buttons.

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  No qualifications? Which part of "Dave's mate from university" don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    No qualifications? Which part of "Dave's mate from university" don't you understand?
                    Don't forget:

Osborne Baronets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Osborne Baronets, of Ballintaylor and Ballylemon (1629)
                    Sir Richard Osborne, 1st Baronet (d. c. 1667)
                    Sir Richard Osborne, 2nd Baronet (d. 1685)
                    Sir John Osborne, 3rd Baronet (c. 1645-1713)
                    Sir Richard Osborne, 4th Baronet (c. 1714)
                    Sir Thomas Osborne, 5th Baronet (c. 1715)
                    Sir Nicholas Osborne, 6th Baronet (c. 1685-1719)
                    Sir John Osborne, 7th Baronet (c. 1697-1743)
                    Sir William Osborne, 8th Baronet (d. 1783)
                    Sir Thomas Osborne, 9th Baronet (1757–1821)
                    Sir William Osborne, 10th Baronet (1817–1824)
                    Sir Henry Osborne, 11th Baronet (d. 1837)
                    Sir Daniel Toler Osborne, 12th Baronet (1783–1853)
                    Sir William Osborne, 13th Baronet DL and JP (16 October 1805–2 July 1875). Osborne was the son of Sir Daniel Osborne, 12th Baronet, and Lady Harriet Le Poer, daughter of William Trench, 1st Earl of Clancarty. He was a Deputy Lieutenant and Justice of the Peace. He married Maria (d. 25 October 1875), daughter of William Thompson, of Clonfin, County Longford, on 22 July 1842. They had no children. He died in July 1875, aged 69, and was succeeded by his younger brother, Charles.[1]
                    Sir Charles Stanley Osborne, 14th Baronet (1825–1879)
                    Sir Francis Osborne, 15th Baronet (1856–1948)
                    Sir George Francis Osborne, 16th Baronet MC (27 July 1894–21 July 1960). Osborne was the son of Sir Francis Osborne, 15th Baronet, and Kathleen Eliza Whitfield. He was educated at Repton School and the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, and fought in the First World War, where he was twice wounded, mentioned in despatches and awarded the Military Cross, eventually gaining the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel in the Royal Sussex Regiment. Osborne married as his second wife Mary Grace Horn (died 1987), mother of John Aspinall,[2] daughter of Clement Samuel Horn, on 27 February 1938. They had two sons and two daughters. He died in July 1960, aged 65, and was succeeded by his eldest son, Peter.[3]
                    Sir Peter George Osborne, 17th Baronet (b. 1943)

The heir apparent is the present holder's eldest son George Gideon Oliver Osborne (b. 1971) who is the Conservative Member of Parliament for Tatton and has served as the Chancellor of the Exchequer since May 2010 .

Comment

What qualification would you like? Perhaps a special international 'politics' school MPs must attend and get a pretty certificate from?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X