• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel 'crisis'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to bother. If I can't get fuel I have the perfect excuse to work from home for a week
    Then my only problem is how to stop the kitten from playing with my laptop's power cord...where's an electrocution smiley when you need one?
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      This is brilliant for an arsonist; filling 20 cans full of unleaded used to attract some suspicions, now thanks to that twat Maude, I, sorry, arsonists can now tool themselves up without fear of capture...
      What would you burn down that would need 20 cans of unleaded?
      Last edited by BrilloPad; 29 March 2012, 08:37.

Comment

Apparently, a lot of problems has been caused by older drivers. I.e The selfish old people who stress that they cant get to tesco for their one 5 mile trip of the week so need to stockpile loads of petrol!
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Motorists urged to panic-buy jerry cans

Comment

Make sure you panic first
            Too late for that advice now. I paniced on Tuesday and have a full tank. As I never go anywhere that should see me out.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

MF call yourself an entrepreneur.

You should be stood outside the local petrol station selling jerry cans.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                MF call yourself an entrepreneur.

You should be stood outside the local petrol station selling jerry cans.

Boomed!
                Once MF starts buying the tanker drivers will go back to work. If he ran a funeral parlour no-one would die.

Comment

Well thats me screwed. I've run out of petrol cans to store fuel in, The wheelie bins already full and Tesco carrier bags aren't up to the job. The petrol leaks out of the little anti-asphxiation holes they put in the bags, they were almost empty by the time I'd carried them home
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Well all my tropical fish are now dead.

I filled up the tank with super unleaded. Sacrifices must be made. When the govt tells you to panic you know it's serious.

Comment

There's only so much petrol people can fit into their tanks, so hopefully by the time I want to fill up, petrol stations will be devoid of all human life and the strike not yet started.

Comment

Working...
                      X