• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel 'crisis'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things we have learnt from the Fuel Strike Debacle - A person is smart, where as people are dumb
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If everyone buys as much fuel as they can and hoards some beans too, will it keep the UK out of recession this quarter?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The giovernment really haven't thought this through. They tell everybody to fill up, and even to stockpile fuel. All the petrol stations run dry and have to be replenished. This means the tanker drivers make loads of money from working overtime, and can therefore afford to strike for a good long time
        True, but perhaps they want them to strike to distract from the governments problems, as it looks like they can't rely on the Argentinians to get an election boost
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Bloody annoying, I filled up the car today and there were 2 yes 2 people already at the garage AND it has gone up by 2cents to 1euro 56 a litre !! Unbelievable, luckily the garage has 9 pumps and I live in Germany where there is no shortage of fuel..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I've just gone to fill up the car, I couldn't get into the petrol station and now I've just read online it's run out of petrol.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I PANICKED and filled up...

No issues - a bit of a queue but the same as usual.

We're in Madrid next week so it'll be over by the time I get back...

Anyway, more important things to think about - Extension received today...

Hurrah!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                Bloody annoying, I filled up the car today and there were 2 yes 2 people already at the garage AND it has gone up by 2cents to 1euro 56 a litre !! Unbelievable, luckily the garage has 9 pumps and I live in Germany where there is no shortage of fuel..
                Unless they decide to invade Poland again...
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The incompetence of this govt is beginning to make Broon look like a professional.

Utter s

Comment

More cars at local petrol station - lots of sand on forecourt, someone clearly tried to follow Govt advice to fill up cans - I just bought some beers and fooked off home

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      More cars at local petrol station - lots of sand on forecourt, someone clearly tried to follow Govt advice to fill up cans - I just bought some beers and fooked off home
                      Er!

That would be me filling up Tesco carrier bags (I ran out of cans)
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X