• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Singapore. Spotless.
    Or else.

Not really Asia mind, more like a sanitised westernised asian theme park. We lived there in the 60's/70's and it was a proper tulip tip then

Comment

I find it's most obvious on MOTD when some grounds have a sea of debris on the pitch.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also how did a thread about litter end up as a discussion on where morality comes from? This is CUK, serious discussions are supposed to turn to rubbish, not vice versa.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Also how did a thread about litter end up as a discussion on where morality comes from? This is CUK, serious discussions are supposed to turn to rubbish, not vice versa.
          Its a fair cop guv ( http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1514042 ). I will except any puishment the mods dish out. Except the electrodes.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Its a fair cop guv ( http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1514042 ). I will except any puishment the mods dish out. Except the electrodes.....
            Spelling lessons?

Just saying, like.

Comment

You're getting older, oldies have always complained about litter. Seems to me it was worse in the past, and walking the pavements of tulip was like a doing a slalom. People would leave trails of tulip footprints behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                smokers?
                Where I live there are plenty of litter bins and many of those have separate ashtrays, so there's little excuse.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Alas I must admit that I do drop litter, when there is a bin near by I always hunt one out but I am getting more and more frustrated at the lack of bins in public places, especially train stations.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Even worse is litter way out in the countryside, you would think people who liked walking in the country would not be the sort to spoil it.
                    We suffered from that when I lived in the sticks. A few of us got together at one point to clear all the verges up. It really chucked us off.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Rooftop snipers. It's the only real solution.
                      You would think with all the CCTV cameras around in the UK they could just review the archive footage and send people fines based on that. This would result in

a) vast income for the exchequer at a time of need
                      b) lots of jobs for people watching CCTV thus reducing unemployment
                      c) an incentive for people to be more tidy so cleaner streets.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X