• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Are you allowed out on your own? I'm just wondering because that had to be one of the most stupid excuses for dropping litter on Britains streets I've ever witnessed.
    k2p2 did not she did. She was explaning why the proles do it (and not excusing it either).

And I think she has a point - there should be more litter bins around. Not sure it is entirely do to the IRA though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      k2p2 did not she did. She was explaning why the proles do it (and not excusing it either).

And I think she has a point - there should be more litter bins around. Not sure it is entirely do to the IRA though.
      Sorry Scourer, I think you're wrong on that one.

Comment

Actually, she was joking. It's really Thatcher's fault.

But there is still a dearth of bins at London stations which doesn't help matters.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Actually, she was joking. It's really Thatcher's fault.

But there is still a dearth of bins at London stations which doesn't help matters.
          If that was the case I apologise.

Comment

Cigarette stubs
            Instant on the spot fine in many towns in Germany now, around €10-€25. Nearly all towns have a lot of bins spread around all with little holes in just to dispose of fag butts (fnarr fnarr.) I always use them, even walking out of my way to stub my oily out. Most pubs, clubs, eateries and shops provide ashtrays outside so you can keep the streets clean...Ordnung muß sein.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Bins are disappearing due to all the terrorist strikes.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Instant on the spot fine in many towns in Germany now, around €10-€25. Nearly all towns have a lot of bins spread around all with little holes in just to dispose of fag butts (fnarr fnarr.) I always use them, even walking out of my way to stub my oily out. Most pubs, clubs, eateries and shops provide ashtrays outside so you can keep the streets clean...Ordnung muß sein.
                £60 in the city of London now. But they have put up butt disposal bins everywhere. I am sure the regulars can make a joke out of this post.

Comment

Sorry Scourer, I think you're wrong on that one.
                  Right - outside then. I challenge you to any iron-man (or derivative thereof) at a place of your choosing.....

But I think you are wrong. Not everyone is as clever as you. Most people are really really stupid, and without a bin handy will just dump stuff.

Comment

It's a disgrace!

Cigarette stubs, crisp packets, plastic bottles, chip papers, plastic carrier bags, sweet wrappers all litter our streets. Chewing gum stuck to the pavements!

Who the hell is dropping this stuff?

When did it become acceptable to treat your country like a rubbish tip?
                    The worst litter bugs.
                    Smokers, they seem to think the street is on big ashtray, worst still smokers in cars who stop the car and empty the ash tray in the road.
                    Chewing gum, the stuff should be banned.
                    Anyone under 25 seem to think it is other peoples responsibility to pick up their litter, not just in the street but also in the public parks.
                    Indians, they think the rules are the same as in India, all rubbish unwanted furniture etc is dumped in the street.
                    Polish drunks, beer cans and vodka bottles left anywhere
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Make litter out of gold and there would be no litter problem, although it might taken a while to save up for your first Mars bar.
                      A good carrot/stick approach but difficult and expensive

Make littering punishable by death. That ought to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X