• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When I was a lad you could take bottles back to the shop and get a deposit back.

Maybe comon litter items (like tin cans) should have to have a deposit on them?
    Puts me in mind of these Tesco recycling machines that give clubcard points for recycling cans.

And is it New York where you used to see the guys with huge bags of plastic bottles collecting the refund money?

Not sure it will work here though - I still see the deposit type glass bottles just lying around - and I think they are 30p refund.

Bring back hanging for littering. After the first hanging, the problem will be solved.
    Back at the coal face

Comment

I make a point of only dropping litter in posh areas, like Hampstead or Chelsea, in an attempt to bring down the tone of the area equal to where I live.

Seriously though, I used to live in a house on a main road with a very large hedge, so I can sympathise with others who have had to fish out beer cans. And don't get me started on low-lifes who let their dogs tulip outside your front gate.

Also, I was amazed when I went to Monaco and the streets were absolutely spotless. London looked like a rubbish tip in comparison when I got home.
      Last edited by SantaClaus; 27 March 2012, 23:09.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        If that was the case I apologise.
        Has CM taken you to the vets to have you done or something?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          CM, get the thermometer, Churchy's ill!
          Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Has CM taken you to the vets to have you done or something?
          I honestly didn't see anything in the post to infer that it was meant "tongue in cheek".

So I can do nothing else but apologise. It won't happen again, make the most of it.

Comment

The worse case of blatant littering was in the back of a clapped out bus with no suspension, being driven by a moron whose grasp of the laws of physics was fragile, to say the least. While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

To add to our misery, one of the locals was furiously vomiting a disgusting brown liquid into a clear plastic bag, her foul brew brimming dangerously close to the top.

Much to out horror, once she had expelled the stomach Satan, she tied the bag up and dumped it unceremoniously in the middle of the bus aisle, where it madly writhed, bulged and shapeshifted, threatening to release its tormented toxic demon upon the bus's helpless captives.

I think we all prayed to Edesia that trip.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

Sexist, homophobic and disability descriminatory all in one post. Like it!

Oh, I should also mention that other deities and demigods are available.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                The worse case of blatant littering was in the back of a clapped out bus with no suspension, being driven by a moron whose grasp of the laws of physics was fragile, to say the least. While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

To add to our misery, one of the locals was furiously vomiting a disgusting brown liquid into a clear plastic bag, her foul brew brimming dangerously close to the top.

Much to out horror, once she had expelled the stomach Satan, she tied the bag up and dumped it unceremoniously in the middle of the bus aisle, where it madly writhed, bulged and shapeshifted, threatening to release its tormented toxic demon upon the bus's helpless captives.

In that intense heat I'm sure that the local lady was merely presenting you with regurgitated fluids to prevent you developing dehydration, and you have the cheek to revile her for her selfless act
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
                  Puts me in mind of these Tesco recycling machines that give clubcard points for recycling cans.

And is it New York where you used to see the guys with huge bags of plastic bottles collecting the refund money?

Not sure it will work here though - I still see the deposit type glass bottles just lying around - and I think they are 30p refund.

Bring back hanging for littering. After the first hanging, the problem will be solved.
                  You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to design a machine that will scan an item's barcode to find out how recyclable an item is
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Sexist, homophobic and disability descriminatory all in one post. Like it!

Oh, I should also mention that other deities and demigods are available.
                    I aim to live up to my signature, my canine compadre.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X