• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have just had to fire someone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    And I really did not enjoy doing it. Having my own business means that I cannot blame it on someone from above

Oh my!

Provided you did it compassionately, I'm pretty sure you'll have done them a favour.

(Says the voice of experience who jumped before being pushed...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sorry to hear that I think you better go and have a few

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Never a good experience however well it's handled. Had to do it in the past and once to a fellow contractor.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          WZS I've done it twice and will probably have to do it again in the future and I hate doing it.
          What about firing people?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            What about firing people?
            Twice as for what you were insinuating
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Just think of the commission you will be get when you fill the new vacancy
              Let us know when the penny drops.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Let us know when the penny drops.
                Well if I haven't put the clues together from his threads about debt collectors and laying off people I never will, then again I could just be trying to defuse the situation with humor, but maybe I need to be less subtle and use the icon more?!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nevermind then.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well if I haven't put the clues together from his threads about debt collectors and laying off people I never will, then again I could just be trying to defuse the situation with humor, but maybe I need to be less subtle and use the icon more?!
                    That's the spirit - have a
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

There is no "maybe" about it. This is d000hg we are talking about. He still believes in the Tooth Fairy.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X