• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dog advice....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A boxer. Great dogs -good with kids, nice temperament but they can be very destructive when they are young.

Comment

King Charles Spaniel.

There are a few websites around which ask you for your lifestyle info and then suggest a dog for you - takes into account hours left alone, age of children amount of exercise you are willing to give it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        King Charles Spaniel.

There are a few websites around which ask you for your lifestyle info and then suggest a dog for you - takes into account hours left alone, age of children amount of exercise you are willing to give it etc.
        Ooh, linky?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Talking of Crufts.

A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta doo doo | The Sun |News
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Border Terrier?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Ta all. Ish. Collie's are out because they're v intelligent working dogs - need an awful lot of exercise and stimulation to keep them happy. They can be a bit highly strung around kids.

I've a friend with a Boxer and much as I love him to bits...he's far too mental. I think they all are.

I'm wondering about a retriever, or a giant schnauzer..
              You want a dog that doesn't moult and you are thinking about a retriever??? LOL You could knit a jumper from what one of those moults in a few weeks. Schanauzers don't moult but personally think they are a bit ugly. Boxers are ace dogs aren't they, just glad you can give them back to their owners lol.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We have a 3 year old Cocker Spaniel. Mad as chips, brilliant with the kids (two boys). We've had her since she was a puppy. We can leave her at home alone all day, but try not too. Takes about 40 - 60 minutes a day to exercise her, but that gets us out (and the kids at weekends). Costs a bit for holidays (two weeks this summer - £320 in fees - that's at someone's house rather than kennels, much better experience but a bit pricier). She does shed a bit of hair.

Did I say she was bonkers? Wouldn't change her for the world.

Be careful - even if a breed is said to be good with kids each dog is an individual and can behave differently.

I would recommend getting a puppy as its great entertainment, but its a lot more work.
                Beer
                is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  King Charles Spaniel.

Old womans dog.

Comment

TryThis

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Ta chuck. Those small dogs chap my @ss to be honest, but I guess you're right about accepting it might moult etc.
                      They did mine while I never had one but having a Westie for awhile changed my opinion. Great lapdogs and nice to have around, don't destroy everything and don't need a 1 hour walk per day minimum like most other med sized dogs. Pugs have faces you either love or hate as well.

I would have loved to have a Bassett Hound but hard work to keep healthy and gotta be strong to pick a fully grown one up everytime it comes up to something 6in tall!

Comment

Working...
                      X