• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Nations Rugger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a paltry effort by Ireland

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      A cracking game of rugby, well done Wales!
      This.

Fantastic day out in the city with French and Welsh fans all enjoying the day.

Great game, great atmosphere.

All in all, a happy Pondy (hic)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          And a paltry effort by Ireland

To be fair it was. Crushed in the scrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            To be fair it was. Crushed in the scrum.
            Destroyed to be fair, I thought the Irish pack were appalling
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

In true English style, awaiting confirmation of the replacement for Stuart Lancaster…
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                In true English style, awaiting confirmation of the replacement for Stuart Lancaster…
                He did a pretty decent job to be honest I can't see why they want to replace him
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  He did a pretty decent job to be honest I can't see why they want to replace him
                  Experience.

As rugby union now seems to revolve entirely around world cups, and the next one is the target for whoever they employ, there's a school of thought that its better to have someone who has had the unique experience of at least one world cup before, and done reasonably well. Lancaster hasn't even been as a player, let alone a head coach.

It's a fair point. Not saying I necessarily agree with it mind, just saying.

Comment

I can see what you're saying, but basically it's still down to how the team performs and even some of the team will not have had world cup experience but that doesn't necessarily stop them being picked for it when it comes around.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Understand both sides of the argument. Read this morning, both men are to be interviewed towards the end of the week so on the surface, it's an equal contest...
                      IMHO, to get a new team to jell so quickly at international level is quite an achievement and should be given the nod.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X