• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You win

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    He's been there 8 weeks now. 4 weeks ago he really wanted this project and was happy to slag off the poor analyst who was doing the work before him see here

I especially love the comment
    I am entitled to think what I like really. The previous BA was a complex box of tricks, who did some really detailed work but could just not link it all together so what you got was a jigsaw puzzle that had pieces missing. That said I've since learned that the PM was like a reed in the wind when it came to change and the scope didn't creep exactly, but climbed on as a pillion and motored out of there. So the fragmented output could well have been someone failing to cope under the pressure of it all. This being the case then I have followed right in their footsteps, and the last laugh is indeed on me.

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Suity - get yourself to the docs for a full service. You do seem to pick things up quite easily.
    Also if you are feeling this bad about the gig after only 8 weeks then imagine what you will be like when you get near the end ?
    Get out now and take a rest...
    Been to the quacks. The one thing I was expecting to be wrong, and badly wrong (ie blood pressure) was tickety-boo, so this a massive relief. In fact it's bloody fantastic. This cycling is worth it.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I find copious amounts of alcohol at night stave of colds.
    To be fair I did have a bottle of wine with dinner last night, in the vague and desperate hope it would help me sleep. It didn't, and I can't remember when I last slept. The sleep deprivation has sent me a bit doolally, and when I started the thread on the train I thought, "errr, bad plan suity, best delete it" and then the 3G signal dropped.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Same 'ol, same 'ol

And I think yet another flounce.

Though how long for this time?
    Et tu brute? I would have expected better. On the naughty step.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    He's no sicker than the rest of us...
    Well, maybe not, but I am going to be chemically enhanced for a bit. Shame really. Still you'd take antibiotics if it was an infection so may as well just get on with it. Just can't drink on the feckin things.

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Cheer up suity.

Even the most competent here sometimes screw up. Even the most politically adept get out-manouvered ocasionally and even the most hard working sometimes find it difficult to get motivated.
    so you've got no chance

We all have bad gigs I'm sure. I just had two back to back without a break, so, I broke.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    holy smokes,

is this de ja vu

or is history repeating itself

Suity, get yourself back to your dale farm

amazing, please don't leave CUK you're great and we all love you

Milan.
    This "Suity-love" scares me really. I feel like star attraction at the freak show. Very uncomfortable. No one but myself to blame though so I'd better just get on with it.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    That there hubris is a right bitch.
    I get the point you scaley twunt. For the record I said nothing derrogatory about the previous BA. Where I could I was compliment their work I did, and generally tried not to get drawn into the slagging off sessions. I do think her work was a bit flakey, but as I said before if the scope kept sliding about all over the place and there was no structure to the requirements management or stakeholder management then I can see why. I'm sure eek will be along to rub it in my face shortly. He really ruins this board for me I'm afraid.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Have Network Rail reported delays in the Midlands area today?

If Suity threw a wobbler on the train, I hope he didn't throw himself off it.
    Owly, easy mate. No I did not chuck myself under the train. I'm tired, soooooooooo very tired. And at the end of a very hard week I've gone and done myself in on here, so don't feel able to keep on posting her under this nom de plume.

I'm sure after some rest and re-grouping you'll see me again, just rebranded.

Time to hang up this one's spurs. 10K posts aint bed for the chief bedwetter.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I finished by SOR and the As-Is and To-Be documents today for the project I'm on. About a week behind.

Hardest part was getting the scope nailed down as Everyman and his dog wanted to prioritise a different bit. Eventually I did a jigsaw(hence the prompt from above). I actually did a jigsaw using Clipart. I then animated it and had it form the whole picture . As each piece/pieces flew in the number of changes/tables/level of effort and cost built up. One single piece they asked for would have cost $200k.

At the end it was obvious that there was not enough money or time and so they decided which parts of the jigsaw they wanted and how much it would cost to do all of it.

My scope is nailed down.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        They'd better not let the thread be deleted.

But, get well soon SY.
        It ain't gonna happen, but as soon as it makes page 2 other threads will take it's place.

Such is the way of the world...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Take it easy suity

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Take it easy suity
            Don't they shoot lame horses?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Don't they shoot lame horses?
              I thought they hanged them. Don't they say "hung like a horse"?

Edit: not about you, obv.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I am entitled to think what I like really. The previous BA was a complex box of tricks, who did some really detailed work but could just not link it all together so what you got was a jigsaw puzzle that had pieces missing. That said I've since learned that the PM was like a reed in the wind when it came to change and the scope didn't creep exactly, but climbed on as a pillion and motored out of there. So the fragmented output could well have been someone failing to cope under the pressure of it all. This being the case then I have followed right in their footsteps, and the last laugh is indeed on me.

Been to the quacks. The one thing I was expecting to be wrong, and badly wrong (ie blood pressure) was tickety-boo, so this a massive relief. In fact it's bloody fantastic. This cycling is worth it.

To be fair I did have a bottle of wine with dinner last night, in the vague and desperate hope it would help me sleep. It didn't, and I can't remember when I last slept. The sleep deprivation has sent me a bit doolally, and when I started the thread on the train I thought, "errr, bad plan suity, best delete it" and then the 3G signal dropped.

Et tu brute? I would have expected better. On the naughty step.

Well, maybe not, but I am going to be chemically enhanced for a bit. Shame really. Still you'd take antibiotics if it was an infection so may as well just get on with it. Just can't drink on the feckin things.

We all have bad gigs I'm sure. I just had two back to back without a break, so, I broke.

This "Suity-love" scares me really. I feel like star attraction at the freak show. Very uncomfortable. No one but myself to blame though so I'd better just get on with it.

I get the point you scaley twunt. For the record I said nothing derrogatory about the previous BA. Where I could I was compliment their work I did, and generally tried not to get drawn into the slagging off sessions. I do think her work was a bit flakey, but as I said before if the scope kept sliding about all over the place and there was no structure to the requirements management or stakeholder management then I can see why. I'm sure eek will be along to rub it in my face shortly. He really ruins this board for me I'm afraid.

Owly, easy mate. No I did not chuck myself under the train. I'm tired, soooooooooo very tired. And at the end of a very hard week I've gone and done myself in on here, so don't feel able to keep on posting her under this nom de plume.

I'm sure after some rest and re-grouping you'll see me again, just rebranded.

Time to hang up this one's spurs. 10K posts aint bed for the chief bedwetter.
                Go, Suity!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  I thought they hanged them. Don't they say "hung like a horse"?

Edit: not about you, obv.
                  You keep your fantasies to yourself.

Neigh.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I'm sure eek will be along to rub it in my face shortly. He really ruins this board for me I'm afraid.

Actually I am back here but only to say take some time off and get some proper sleep and no alcohol.

That will make the world look like a lot better place and will allow you to see the bits you need to work on and the bits you should simply be ignoring.

But I know the pain when agile methodology means we can have everything NOW.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Actually I am back here but only to say take some time off and get some proper sleep and no alcohol.

That will make the world look like a lot better place and will allow you to see the bits you need to work on and the bits you should simply be ignoring.

But I know the pain when agile methodology means we can have everything NOW.
                      WHS. But if you need to pop down to the chemists to buy pills for an overdose, remember you need at least 10 packets of paracetemol & the staff are only allowed to sell you two packets. Come back and PM us and we'll have a whip round.

In always helpful mode.

MF

Comment

Working...
                      X