• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Much life left in contracting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    You TA or Sealed Knot?

Couldn't work it out from your post re the weekend.
    TA my friend 7 years and counting
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      Niche, niche area all the way. No matter how many bobs come over, they can't do certain types of work. I don't expect that to change, from contributing to a forum for my area, the bobs don't really have a clue.

Long may that continue, if not, hey ho, been a very, very profitable ride
      Spot on, hence I do the job that few people actually like (testing), there seems to be a shortage of testers about and the good ones are worth their weight in gold.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

what we are seeing right now gentlemen is darwinism in action

bobs are replacing the weakest of our species

adapt or get out

Milan.
        Last edited by milanbenes; 6 March 2012, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Patience and a war chest are the must haves in the current climate.
          This. And I would add that a little bit of luck doesn't go a miss as well.

Pimp I had in last contract was the worst I've ever dealt with. Present gig, I hardly speak to them, had no worries so far. They even sent me the opt out form when I started but four months later they have never asked for it.

Contracting, meh! It pays the bills.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            On the plus side as more people drop out of contracting and/or IT there will be more money and more contracts for the rest of us.

I'd agree agents have got more tosspotterish though.
            Don't think that is happening very fast, and there always seem to be quite a few , "Hi, I just moved from perm to contract" thread on the forum.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              The agents have all but killed the joys of finding the next deal.

More and more rentabobs helping to make easy jobs stroke inducing

I am starting to think that if something positive doesn't happen soon I will be cashing out of IT for good.

Become an agent

Learn Urdu and Gujarati

BOOMITY-BOOMED

Comment

It's about putting yourself in the strongest possible position and setting yourself apart from the rest, time to get ahead of the pack
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Loser! You think the world owes you an nice easy living! Adapt or die!

"Mummy, all the bad people are taking my 7hr/400 a day contracts away, sob sob"
                  £400 screw that. I average £700 a day. So excuse me if I feel a little disgruntled that agencies want me to travel 200 miles, work 10 hours and then bill them for 7. I'm not down with that way of life. Yes I am having a self indulgent whinge.

There are some up sides I turned over £170k last year and I didn't give a single hour of my time away. I havent needed to leave my house since the end of September last year, unlike you who is stuck commuting because you can't get you boss to trust you.

I am just saying that I don't fancy working as hard as I do just to pay more tax and surround myself with more bobs.

My removal from the gene pool won't help any of my competition because they are busy competing their way to the bottom of the wages pile... So the Darwinism principal is only half true. I can't see the point of surviving the changes to work harder for less...

Comment

£400 screw that. I average £700 a day. So excuse me if I feel a little disgruntled that agencies want me to travel 200 miles, work 10 hours and then bill them for 7. I'm not down with that way of life. Yes I am having a self indulgent whinge.

There are some up sides I turned over £170k last year and I didn't give a single hour of my time away. I havent needed to leave my house since the end of September last year, unlike you who is stuck commuting because you can't get you boss to trust you.

I am just saying that I don't fancy working as hard as I do just to pay more tax and surround myself with more bobs.

My removal from the gene pool won't help any of my competition because they are busy competing their way to the bottom of the wages pile... So the Darwinism principal is only half true. I can't see the point of surviving the changes to work harder for less...

Nurse!! did you forget his 10am injection again?

Comment

It's not the agencies that want you to do it. It's the clients.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X