• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector strikes during the Olympics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickWallace87 View Post
    To be honest you would think that public sector workers would want to give visitors a good impression of Great Britain. Maybe there are not enough people proud to be British these days!

It is a myth that public sector work is considered as a virtuous vocation. They are primarily interested in themselves. They are filled with a sense of entitlement and their way of getting what they want is to exploit their monopolistic privilege. One thing they are not is proud to be British.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Think up some new ones DA, these are getting stale.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It is a myth that public sector work is considered as a virtuous vocation. They are primarily interested in themselves. They are filled with a sense of entitlement and their way of getting what they want is to exploit their monopolistic privilege. One thing they are not is proud to be British.
        Did they cut your benefits?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

DA is right though in my previous life as a Civil Serpent I saw this attitude displayed by the majority of the people I worked with and in some ways I myself displayed some of these characteristics till I saw the light and decided I didn't want to be like them.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

True but I've also found it true of many employees in big corporations. Not as much these days as jobs-for-life disappears from the private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              True but I've also found it true of many employees in big corporations. Not as much these days as jobs-for-life disappears from the private sector.
              True, but they are not monopolies so if they go on strike that is their problem not ours.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

True, but they are not monopolies so if they go on strike that is their problem not ours.
                Touche
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Ah, I was only talking about the sense of entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Ah, I was only talking about the sense of entitlement.
                    Aha

Fair enough. but their sense of entitlement is their own problem whereas in the public sector it becomes everyone else's problem
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 1 March 2012, 11:45.

Comment

Working...
                    X