• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job's-worth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're doing jobsworth...

...has anyone mentioned this...

Fireman Sam creator Dave Jones detained and branded racist for burqa joke at airport security | Mail Online

Just asking, like...

Comment

The post men aren't much cop either. We found a parcel the other week on our back lawn. It had been frisbee'd over the back gate and left there without a note through the door. It contained some clothes Mrs CS had ordered, and had a small rip on the corner of the package. The package had been there for a few days, had filled with water and was frozen solid
      Ours did something very similar a few years ago, it was down the side of the house right under the leaking gutter. I was delighted as it turned out to be our neighbour's parcel.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Used to get stuff from a book club years ago.
        Regularly the books would go missing. Turns out the postie was chucking the parcels over the back fence, as I was renting I didn't have access to the garden and I only found out where all the parcels were when the landlord had to get something from the back year and found loads of parcels, which had turned to mush over time sitting out in the rain.
        Bizarre. Normally the complaint is they just pop a "you were out" slip through without even knocking, rather than finding a clever way to 'deliver' it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Same thing with some calendars I'd bought for Christmas for the oldies who haven't learnt to do it online yet. Left by the back door in the pouring rain. No note. Ruined by the time I found them.

Comment

Our friendly postman has a knack of ringing the door-bell at 'too-early-o'clock' on a Saturday to hand over items which would easily fit through the post-box. Twunt.

Comment

Our postmen are actually quite good its the miserable, arrogant staff in the sorting / collection office I can't stand.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I reckon we should all dress up as Darth Vader and rock up at the Airport.

Jedi Knight is nearly a religion. And as its a an officially suppressed religion during the census we would have even more excuse to complain.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I subscribe to Microsofts Action Pack. A while ago I got a note through the post saying that they couldn't deliver something. Off I went to the sorting office to pick up my package. One old bint sat there witha huge queue. I waited.....waited and eventually it was my turn. I got my package and opened it in my car. Microsoft sent me a rock! Half an hour queing on a Saturday morning to open a box that contained a bloody stone!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X