• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobless Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Why isnt it practical to make people work for their benefits? they can join work gangs to remove graffiti, paint walls and pick up dog turds (I suggest you carry a whistle around in case you get mistaken for one ). The workers will then have a sense of satisfaction and it will mean they will find it easier to move up the ladder. I don't mind organising it as long as I get 20% of their benefits.
    But then you'd put unionised workers on £40 p/h + double overtime for doing the same job.

For goodness sake Dodgy think!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't mind organising it as long as I get 20% of their benefits.
      You're not working either. You're just living off the backs of others you realise.

You might like to think you're contributing for the greater good, but really the agency profession only removes money from the system thereby reducing it's worth and capability.

In many way an agent is very much like someone on benefits. My taxes pay them as much as my net profit pays you.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        You're not working either. You're just living off the backs of others you realise.

You might like to think you're contributing for the greater good, but really the agency profession only removes money from the system thereby reducing it's worth and capability.

In many way an agent is very much like someone on benefits. My taxes pay them as much as my net profit pays you.
        Life's a bitch isnt it?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Life's a bitch isnt it?
          That's better! Now you're getting the picture. You have to exploit the oiks.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

sorry. we cant all drive the train, someone has to grease the wheels

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              That's better! Now you're getting the picture. You have to exploit the oiks.
              You have taught me everything I know
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why isnt it practical to make people work for their benefits? they can join work gangs to remove graffiti, paint walls and pick up dog turds (I suggest you carry a whistle around in case you get mistaken for one ). The workers will then have a sense of satisfaction and it will mean they will find it easier to move up the ladder. I don't mind organising it as long as I get 20% of their benefits.
                Can't really understand the logic. On the one hand we have people (I'm one of them) saying that so-called 'menial' jobs are still noble, and then people from the political right suggesting that we almost use menial labour as a punishment / making them wear dayglo 'scrounger' hats etc.

This just reinforces the perception that the man who picks up your dog's tulip must himself be tulip.

What about the lady who clears up after a doubly-incontinent senile elderly person in a geriatric ward at 3am without complaining? Is she tulip? Is she only doing it because she can't get a 'proper' job?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  But then you'd put unionised workers on £40 p/h + double overtime for doing the same job.

For goodness sake Dodgy think!
                  I think you're missing a word or two there MF.
                  Dodgy - I have given a few reasons it wouldn't work - and it certainly wouldn't. Your Victorian puritanical approach is akin to those handcranks they had in workhouses to keep the poor occupied

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
                    Can't really understand the logic. On the one hand we have people (I'm one of them) saying that so-called 'menial' jobs are still noble, and then people from the political right suggesting that we almost use menial labour as a punishment / making them wear dayglo 'scrounger' hats etc.

This just reinforces the perception that the man who picks up your dog's tulip must himself be tulip.

What about the lady who clears up after a doubly-incontinent senile elderly person in a geriatric ward at 3am without complaining? Is she tulip? Is she only doing it because she can't get a 'proper' job?
                    Hi Kim

As that made sense and is quite thoughtful it must be Kim.

Where is Chris tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

I do not actually mean that work should be a punishment. It would be unacceptable to regard any sort of work as such.

Comment

Working...
                      X