• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobless Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I asked specifically about JSA, do you know or not?
    Who the flip do you think you are, John Humphries?

I can Google it if you like, or you can elighten me since you're so all-knowing.

My point was that 10% of 152billion isn't anything like the same as 10% of JSA - and that's true as you well know.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Life's a bitch isnt it?
      Not really I work direct.

I'll work back in the UK more often when employers pull their finger out in the mean time happy pillaging!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Who the flip do you think you are, John Humphries?
        No, I am chauffeur who knows it all

Comment

I do not actually mean that work should be a punishment. It would be unacceptable to regard any sort of work as such.
          If I work up one day to find I was an employment agent I'd feel like I was being published by a higher power.

ALan Sugar types defending themselves they're entitled to every penny earned when really they did not earn it, instead they relieved someone of it by selling them something of little value.

Man will never make progress with this sort slowing us down.

Choo choo.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Your whole attitude is twisted. You seem to assume that the default position for someone is to not work. Whatever the work is it is far better for a person to be engaged in a job than it is not to be. Why not create modern workhouses? are you telling us that not working is better than working?
            You know reading that it sounds like you're saying work sets you free?

Any German family members we should know of? Should we be worried? Well SAS taught you everything you know so I guess we should be buying one-way tickets to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
              If we are to ever be an advanced successful country again, we need all the skilled engineers to be doing skilled engineering
              Been there done that and left. No coming back until prices drop massively. UK is mega expensive. Particularly when you compare earnings against necessary spending.

12 years ago I earned around £18K as a graduate. The same position today I went into I see advertised around £22k. Inflation has only increased £4k in 12 years? I think not.

My recommendation to any skilled engineer would be to explore outside the UK, better salary better standard of living is nearly guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                12 years ago I earned around £18K as a graduate. The same position today I went into I see advertised around £22k. Inflation has only increased £4k in 12 years? I think not.
                12 years ago I was paid £35k whilst being permie foreigner on a work visa

Comment

And as for the title of this thread: 'Jobless Scum'.

I would suggest that it is the scum WITH jobs that we should really be talking about.

They got us into this mess. Unemployment is the result, not the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    12 years ago I was paid £35k whilst being permie foreigner on a work visa
                    Yes, and another thing, 12 years ago I could have moved into London or the outskirts and matched that. But for what?

To spend the necessary income on the increased cost of living?

To be living away from family?

Put it into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Yes, and another thing, 12 years ago I could have moved into London or the outskirts and matched that. But for what?
                      I did not live in London

Should have gambled and bought a house!

Comment

Working...
                      X