• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfasting at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I just can’t face food at 5:20 am so yes I have my porridge at my desk: but I do get in 30min early so I can have lots of coffee & catch up on the news
    Yep, I don't like eating until I've been up for an hour or more.

Another case for breakfast at work is when the hotel you are staying in doesn't start breakfast until 7:30 and you have to be at work by 8.

Plus the one that nobody has mentioned so far: if you are on a clock card system, better to get clocked in than waste time at home.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      I have my own carriage obv.

Obviously.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Obviously.
        Is that a pic of your own train set? Can we have some more pics of it?

Wait, I think I just found a wide angle shot of the above pic:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I love that well cooked thin sliced bacon the Americans have
          Thick sliced never seems to be cooked enough
          http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw

The maple kind?

Comment

I sometimes like a pot noodle when I get into work, but never at my own desk.

Comment

Just eating a double sausage sandwich with a hash brown as I read this.

But then again, I was in the office at 6am.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Yep, I don't like eating until I've been up for an hour or more.

Another case for breakfast at work is when the hotel you are staying in doesn't start breakfast until 7:30 and you have to be at work by 8.

Plus the one that nobody has mentioned so far: if you are on a clock card system, better to get clocked in than waste time at home.
                Same here, can't face anything more than a cup of tea first thing.

When working in the city it was a case of come in, log on and go and get brekkie somewhere.

Here the in house canteen doesn't really do anything other than croissants and muffins, so I normally go for a banana. Never really been a big breakfast eater.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Tea first thing. Coffee at work. Breakfast at about 1pm. As skipping breakfast is unhealthy, I skip lunch instead.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I sometimes like a pot noodle when I get into work, but never at my own desk.
                    Ah, a new meaning to "hot-desking". Who's got the UD login?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Same here, can't face anything more than a cup of tea first thing.
                      Same here. A cup of tea on the balcony in fine weather or in front of the telly when it's cold is just fine for me.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      When working in the city it was a case of come in, log on and go and get brekkie somewhere.

Here the in house canteen doesn't really do anything other than croissants and muffins, so I normally go for a banana. Never really been a big breakfast eater.
                      The last place I worked that had a decent canteen did some loverly salmon and crème fraîche sandwiches. Not cheap, but just the thing once I'd had my first coffee and read the papers.

Oh, another beauty about getting in early is that nobody gives a monkeys that you are reading the papers online as long as you have a few system monitoring screens already up and running
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X