• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfasting at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    WHS (apart from the Subway bit ).

I used to pop into Sainsbury's over the road from work, grab a couple of danishes, walk into the office. Make cup of tea, sit and read the paper with it.
    I quite like Subway for breakfast... hardly going to be worse quality than other breakfast sandwiches

I used to alternate between a Subway sandwich or a couple of caramel doughnuts from Greggs when I worked in Newcastle.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A bit heavy duty that
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Crispy creme donuts, mmmmmmmm
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Mass produced, processed sh!te.

I thought you were supposed to be some sort of connoisseur

Comment

If a client has a reasonable breakfast on offer then I tend to get in early miss the traffic. Set my day up while noshing down.

I also tend to hold meetings early and bribe the attendees with food. A bacon sandwich seems to have the same bribery value as a day on triple time for the average junior engineer...

Comment

I just can’t face food at 5:20 am so yes I have my porridge at my desk: but I do get in 30min early so I can have lots of coffee & catch up on the news

Unless it's Friday in which case it’s the site meeting with provided breakfast (& this being a construction site pig products are involved)
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Prefer dunkin' donuts but I'm not sure we have them in the UK.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Tomorrow I shall be found at my desk at 08:00 wrapped in a towel brushing my teeth.

Rant over.
                  Ask yourself what else does one do first thing, and next time bring a potty into work

I never bother with breakfast anyway. What's the point when it's only 4 hours until lunchtime?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    If a client has a reasonable breakfast on offer then I tend to get in early miss the traffic. Set my day up while noshing down.

I also tend to hold meetings early and bribe the attendees with food. A bacon sandwich seems to have the same bribery value as a day on triple time for the average junior engineer...
                    Probably worth the same.

+1 for cycling in & eating muesli at my desk.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I dont usually get the train to work but have to this week. I've never seen anything like it! yesterday there was a girl with her foot about 6inches from somebody's face manicuring it, picking out all the jam from her toenails.

Today I was stuck between a woman doing her make-up, powdering her face, with powder going everywhere, and the penis-forehead on the other side was having a shave!!!!

Can't people get ready before leaving the house!!! I nearly bust a blood vessel this morning, I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down!!

Comment

Working...
                      X