• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfasting at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Prefer dunkin' donuts but I'm not sure we have them in the UK.
    Greggs Donuts FTW!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      I dont usually get the train to work but have to this week. I've never seen anything like it! yesterday there was a girl with her foot about 6inches from somebody's face manicuring it, picking out all the jam from her toenails.

Today I was stuck between a woman doing her make-up, powdering her face, with powder going everywhere, and the penis-forehead on the other side was having a shave!!!!

Can't people get ready before leaving the house!!! I nearly bust a blood vessel this morning, I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down!!
      Train?

How pikey.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down!!
        But probably more like George Costanza
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Prefer dunkin' donuts but I'm not sure we have them in the UK.
          I think they used to, but I like CC as they are just sooo bad for you and just pure junk food.

They don't seem to sell them in cloggers (and I have yet to find a bacon sarnie) but apparently cheese sarnies are the desk breakfast ( and lunch and dinner) of choice over here.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I think they used to, but I like CC as they are just sooo bad for you and just pure junk food.
            KK
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              See I've forgotten how they're even spelt its so long since I've had one.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Train?

How pikey.
                The Chauffeur is away for 3 days. If needs must, but it is just ghastly!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  I just can’t face food at 5:20 am so yes I have my porridge at my desk: but I do get in 30min early so I can have lots of coffee & catch up on the news
                  Only sensible comment so far. Within an hour of getting up is just too early to start eating.

Anyway, what's special about breakfast that people should have it before coming to the office? Should they also have lunch before coming to the office? Or is it OK to have lunch during the working day but not breakfast?
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                    Only sensible comment so far. Within an hour of getting up is just too early to start eating.

Anyway, what's special about breakfast that people should have it before coming to the office? Should they also have lunch before coming to the office? Or is it OK to have lunch during the working day but not breakfast?
                    Ohh I can just see you slurping on a stinky pot noodle at your desk.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Ohh I can just see you slurping on a stinky pot noodle at your desk.
                      Bombay Bad Boy ftw!

Comment

Working...
                      X