• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden Hello not honoured

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Get her to tell her boss that "coming in on time" was a misprint in her application form
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    +1 !

Comment

If a shop advertises some price in an advert I believe they have to honour it. Though I suppose they just have to say they sold out or something like that.

Definitely worth finding out more I would have said, and take it from there. Even if all you do is go and embarass the clod in HR who wrote it in the first place, and get them a wrapping on the knuckles from the advertising standards bods.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        If a shop advertises some price in an advert I believe they have to honour it. Though I suppose they just have to say they sold out or something like that.
        No, they don't. Many will put "E&OE" or equivalent on any small print just in case.

It's an invitation to treat, rather than an offer for sale.

They aren't allowed to deliberately mislead, but if there is a mistake then it's a mistake.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's public sector, so:

1. the boss won't give a toss whether she chases it up further,
          2. she should talk to her union rep.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Definitely worth finding out more I would have said, and take it from there. Even if all you do is go and embarass the clod in HR who wrote it in the first place, and get them a wrapping on the knuckles from the advertising standards bods.
            No. Infamous case: Boots v Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.

Also advert means FA in a contract
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The missus has to recruit for this type of work.

Believe me, if your partner is any good, the boss will cling to her like sh!t to a blanket, no matter how much trouble she causes with HR.

I have at least an hour a night on the state of the employees and the latest wheezes that they get up to. Last night , I learned that 'Happy' ( yes, thats the ladies name) has announced that her religious duties meant she could now only work nights, even though she is contracted to work days, and there is no night work.
              Plus she doesnt like to work for the asian family, because they , er, stink. And the Asian family dont want her, because she is a VERY devout Christian
              it never ends

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Tsk Tsk You wouldnt catch us agents dishonouring promises of commission payments
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Agreed she should follow it up with HR and/or the union. There are no doubt others in the same boat. Strange "mistake" though... you don't bandy about £1600 sign-on bonuses for the hell of it.

If it was a mistake, the organisation should have issued a correction and/or clarified this when they made the offer of employment.

Or was it one of those ads on the tube where you have to type in a special URL?
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
                  X