• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should smacking laws be eased after riots?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should smacking laws be eased after riots?

David Lammy: ease smacking rules after riots - Telegraph

I believe he has a point. In fact I belive the cane should be bought back in secondary schools.

And of course David Cameron's assault on fathers ("feckless") does not help either.

Far too much fecking, I would think.

Anyway - smacking? No. Rooftop snipers. That'd do it. Better than a bobby on the beat. Nothing like a pile of bodies pour encourager les autres.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Anyway - smacking? No. Rooftop snipers. That'd do it. Better than a bobby on the beat. Nothing like a pile of bodies pour encourager les autres.

One chap in Africa tried that recently, can't mind his name but he did not last long after he got captured...

Comment

If you don't stop brandishing that flick knife, you'll feel the back of my hand across your legs, young man!

Comment

part of his argument was that coloured people cannot easily tell when the skin is reddened.

so why not beat them black and blue ?

...wait. I am going to have to work on this a bit more
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Didn't people riot in the good old smacking days too?

Comment

Glad its only working class parents that need to smack, wouldn't want any Rock star children defacing
              monuments and institutions or rich kids getting drunk and breaking up restaurants.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They don't need to be eased as they are not that stringent, basically the parent is allowed to smack as long as it does not leave a mark, which I think is fine, and I use this type of discipline with my kids.

If anything needs to be done there should be a greater education of what is already allowed, and the burden of doubt should be placed in the parents favour.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  If you don't stop brandishing that flick knife, you'll feel the back of my hand across your legs, young man!
                  Indeed! Quite bizarre to reprimand one using violence, by using violence as a punishment.

Smacking isnt the way forward.

Yes the belt and cane hurt me a lot as a kid, but what I hated more than anything was time out. Not this sissy super-nanny crap, stood to attention, facing a bare wall for three hours and if you moved/quivered/twitched, the time was reset.

Comment

Kids seem better behaved and less mischievous today than when I was a kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X