• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice part of Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

It's just so handy for everything. Two airports, Pendolino rocket trains to Euston, and three motorways off in all directions.
    Interesting that your good points about the place are all about ease of leaving

Stockton Heath and Appleton are probably the nicest parts, with a few good pubs and restaurants dotted about...

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Interesting that your good points about the place are all about ease of leaving

Stockton Heath and Appleton are probably the nicest parts, with a few good pubs and restaurants dotted about...
      Yep, I am comparing it to where I am now. The nearest airports are in Manchester and Newcastle, both hours away, It's 1:20 to the nearest motorway, and even then you are in the middle of nowhere (Penrith) and the local rail service is really a 'bus' which goes diddley-dum along the coast line which still has semaphore signals!

I was talking about the place as a business/work base. I think old Dodgy needs a Northern branch there, instead of chatting to Her Maj over the garden fence.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I don't think Reading exists just to house the Scouse and Manc's that their respective cities don't want. Only thing Manc and Scouse land agreed on was to build Warrington to keep em away.
        Agree. It's a right chav filled hovel. The North's version of Swindon
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Agree. It's a right chav filled hovel. The North's version of Swindon
          Could be worse, could be St. Helens.

Comment

Go North, young man :-)

Comment

serioulsy - I have been to Warrington for a night or two recently - problem is no one seems to go out until about 10.30 - which is late for me cos I am old..

Oh and seriously the Cheerleaders from the Warrington Wolves...... it would be like a Wizards Sleve!

Comment

I did try to Google for 'Miss Whitehaven' for comparison, and nothing happened.

For God's sake, get me out of here someone :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
                  I did try to Google for 'Miss Whitehaven' for comparison, and nothing happened.
                  FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

ShaunBhoy hits the nail on the head.

They hold skiing competitions where there is lots of snow.

They hold surfing competitions where the best waves are.

Cumbria is home to the world gurning championships and the world's biggest liar competition.

(Gonna take this county down with me :-)

Comment

Warrington | Chavtowns - Britain's worst places to live!
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X