• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hand wringing apologetic Liberals 1 Britains AAA rating based on debt reduction 0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they've contributed to the system in terms of paying Tax and NI then I have no problem with it but if they haven't it really grips my sh*t
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      I never made such a distinction. I suggested that any church, Catholic, Anglican or Muslim can set up their own charitable organisation to help families who can not survive on 26K per year.
      They do. There are hundreds of them. For instance my church supports a Foodbank, and many churches have projects like "soup kitchens", providing free furniture to those who can't afford it, etc. There are also several Christian charities which provide free advice on how to create and stick to a budget, how to avoid getting into debt, etc...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Hand wringing apologetic Liberals 1 Britains AAA rating based on debt reduction 0
        It's good to see you maintain your unbiased stance on such matter DP. I think you would make a great reporter or news presenter...

"And in the headlines today... thieving scroungers celebrate that their benefits will not be cut"

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Fail. For using 'reason' and 'religion' in the same sentence. Schoolboy error.
          Fail. Go read Anselm.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            I never made such a distinction. I suggested that any church, Catholic, Anglican or Muslim can set up their own charitable organisation to help families who can not survive on 26K per year.
            Good point, in the old days the church did just that but now the church is just in to money making like any other organisation. In my home City the C of E owns the majority of City centre properties including the High Street. High Street shops can not afford the excessive rents, properties that were originally for the benefit of the poor are now free residents for hangers of the church. I have never known one event for helping the poor but the church is always trying to raise money for themselves.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Everyone simply MUST read Anselm.

All existing things exist through some one thing. Every existing thing, he begins, exists either through something or through nothing. But of course nothing exists through nothing, so every existing thing exists through something. There is, then, either some one thing through which all existing things exist, or there is more than one such thing. If there is more than one, either (i) they all exist through some one thing, or (ii) each of them exists through itself, or (iii) they exist through each other. (iii) makes no sense. If (ii) is true, then “there is surely some one power or nature of self-existing that they have in order to exist through themselves” ; in that case, “all things exist more truly through that one thing than through the several things that cannot exist without that one thing” So (ii) collapses into (i), and there is some one thing through which all things exist. That one thing, of course, exists through itself, and so it is greater than all the other things. It is therefore “best and greatest and supreme among all existing things”
              Quite why god can exist through itself if nothing else can is not clear. Or why, if there is this something else through which all other things exist, it cannot be some impersonal force or form of existence rather than a sentient god.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 24 January 2012, 13:59.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Good point, in the old days the church did just that but now the church is just in to money making like any other organisation.
                Speaking as someone actually involved in "the church", I can tell you that a huge amount of charity work is done by "the church", both in terms of financial donations and, probably more importantly, volunteers giving up time.

Comment

Don't doubt it, but that does not make the whole organisation fit to qualify as a charity.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X