• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are 'polyamorous' open relationships possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Knong a few people in poly relationships I would not class it as disloyal, most (generalising here) poly relationships are exceptionally open with lots of discussions about boundaries & acceptable behaviour: how can you be disloyal if you act within pre-agreed parameters?

Poly is not for everyone, just as a specific religion or philosophy is not for everyone, if it works for them then leave them to it.

Just to note: from the comments a few posters on here have made some of you would not be adverse if your wife / partner turned round & said she wanted to have a girlfriend as well as you: that’s a variation of poly
    I couldn't agree more, dear. But you must always remember the risks and it needs to remain balanced and a partnership of equals. When my old man and I were young, we both knew that if we strayed, we'd always be back. But when his worm dried up, so did his prowess. Then my flings started to have a financial element, and slowly became an economic necessity. Before I knew it, for every £50 I was earning on the streets, he was spending £100 being beaten up by aging rent boys.

Now he just sits their on his computer, and he can't even bear to look at me through those poor bruised eyes.

Still, we've got through worse and I know love will pull us through this rocky patch. But don't think it's a simple life style to adopt.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I couldn't agree more, dear. But you must always remember the risks and it needs to remain balanced and a partnership of equals. When my old man and I were young, we both knew that if we strayed, we'd always be back. But when his worm dried up, so did his prowess. Then my flings started to have a financial element, and slowly became an economic necessity. Before I knew it, for every £50 I was earning on the streets, he was spending £100 being beaten up by aging rent boys.

Now he just sits their on his computer, and he can't even bear to look at me through those poor bruised eyes.

Still, we've got through worse and I know love will pull us through this rocky patch. But don't think it's a simple life style to adopt.
      Oi Woman!! I am offended!!! They are not ageing, they are young and firm and nubile.. and it's £80 anyway, I get good customer discount <cough> Now get back to that sink and make us me tea!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        he can't even bear to look at me
        Is there anyone that can?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Oi That's our lass your talking about. Only I can say that. Outside now!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I only wear the Ant and Dec reversible mask for you.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              For me, I can't understand either. I could not forgive any straying at all, even if it was me!
              So having been through this on both sides and having multiple friends who are properly in the tulip at the moment, I can give you the following advice. Get it into your head. SEX is not LOVE! It never has been, and never will be. The lie that is SEX should be part of love and til death do us part bond is a disaster waiting for the nearest divorce lawyer.

Yes some (very few so it seems) can remain totally faithful for 20 odd years, However making the fact that neither person will never ever find someone else attractive is just dumb. A good friend of mine has just entered into an open relationship with his wife of 10 years because neither of them found each other sexually attractive anymore. The choice was either split up and lose a massive house that has taken them five years to build, Ruin the kids and probably go bankrupt in the process. Or take a can of man the fsck up and admit that while they both love each other, it was time to take a sex break and have some fun else where while keeping the home stable for the kids. It seems to be going fantastically at the moment. He has 3 or more relationships on the go with women that only want a bit of sex and his wife is happy with a new boyfriend.

The difference between the first couple and my other friends is stark by comparison. The husband is about to lose his house, wife and kids because he made the mistake of confusing some office sex with love. He rann off and shagged the office bike and then crawled home to confess al because he couldn't live with the guilt... Just incase you are wondering. She didn't take it that well.

Comment

Working...
              X