• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fraudulent Timesheet – Help and advice required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        sachet out of there
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Please Miss, I didn't understand the question.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Please Miss, I didn't understand the question.
              Originally posted by stek View Post
              ...and is Bellamy a twat?
              I think it's a yes/no answer. I assume we're not talking David Bellamy, who is a not a twat.

So, a twattish Bellamy. Guess it's something to do with that football thing.

No respect for Craig Bellamy, says angry Nigel Reo-Coker | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
                Fraudulent Timesheet?
                Is where no work has been done by the contractor but the management sign of the working day. They will then be expecting the cash for those days to be handed to them once monies have been received.

The current situation
                Is that I currently have a contract which will be expiring in a couple of months. Based in the technology sector. They encourage holidays and are also in expectant of pay outs for contract extensions.

What will happen If I refuse to do it?
                They hired a chap who refused to conduct this action, and was then fired two weeks later.
                How do I feel about it?
                It’s a pretty tulip situation in all honesty. During points in the week I often feel as though they are waiting for a pay cheque from me.

How did the situation arise?
                I delivered my work and it went through the business very well. The results were better than they had expected and the respect that I bought to the team was well enjoyed. However wishing to cash in on this success the management then approached with this offer. That we should ideally split the amount in even amounts. I was a little horrified and initially confused by there request, however agreed, but also notified them I did not want anything. What they embezzle is all there’s!

Before you judge me!
                I am technology professional who has been contracting for over 4 years. Before that I worked in financial and consultancy sectors. I was born and educated in the UK and have only spent time abroad working on short term contracts.
                I think you should do it. Or maybe not.

One way or the other, I think you have a decision to make, and then probably do something or not.

Try not to make too many waves, ensure that everything is done properly, and make sure you have a full paper trail recording everything that you do. Or not, really, since it depends on what you want to do.

Hope that's as clear as the problem description.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you're not going to walk insist on a paper trail due to the insistence of your accountant.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

After sleeping on it, I think that your only option is:

From now on only submit timesheets that strictly record time where work was done.

You may still get sacked, but at least you will not run the risk of being implicated in a crime. If they go down, they will want to take as many down with them as they can.

If you get dragged into the fraud as an accomplice, then this will go on your criminal record and will blight your future job prospects even more.

If they threaten to sack you, then threaten them with a tribunal. They really won't want that, because if it all comes out, their customers will strike them off their suppliers list.
                    Last edited by KimberleyChris; 22 January 2012, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
                      Fraudulent Timesheet?
                      Is where no work has been done by the contractor but the management sign of the working day. They will then be expecting the cash for those days to be handed to them once monies have been received.

The current situation
                      Is that I currently have a contract which will be expiring in a couple of months. Based in the technology sector. They encourage holidays and are also in expectant of pay outs for contract extensions.

What will happen If I refuse to do it?
                      They hired a chap who refused to conduct this action, and was then fired two weeks later.
                      How do I feel about it?
                      It’s a pretty tulip situation in all honesty. During points in the week I often feel as though they are waiting for a pay cheque from me.

How did the situation arise?
                      I delivered my work and it went through the business very well. The results were better than they had expected and the respect that I bought to the team was well enjoyed. However wishing to cash in on this success the management then approached with this offer. That we should ideally split the amount in even amounts. I was a little horrified and initially confused by there request, however agreed, but also notified them I did not want anything. What they embezzle is all there’s!

Before you judge me!
                      I am technology professional who has been contracting for over 4 years. Before that I worked in financial and consultancy sectors. I was born and educated in the UK and have only spent time abroad working on short term contracts.
                      Is it common?
                      No it isn't.

What do you do?
                      Leave. It's illegal.

What if you don't want to leave?
                      Carry on and do what they want you to do (But Kimberly had good advice).
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X