• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations for NYC hotel in Feb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Good luck getting the dates that you want for that one

We went last year and I had to get the freebie booked 300+ days before we went, and had to get a business class flight for the four of us (Manchester to Atlanta via Frankfurt; Denver to Manchester via Frankfurt).

At least Continental is a Star Alliance partner, so you can use other partners. I collected with BMI for years (quickest way to get a gold card) but have cashed in to use with Lufthansa and United instead.
    Yeh. Could be a problem with dates. We usually go off peak (October/November and take DS out of school) which is bit easier.

Continental is shortly going to be no more as well since they merged with United some time ago. In fact, all the points are going to be transferred to united as well.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Yeh. Could be a problem with dates. We usually go off peak (October/November and take DS out of school) which is bit easier.

Continental is shortly going to be no more as well since they merged with United some time ago. In fact, all the points are going to be transferred to united as well.
      Ah... That explains the Continental plane with Continental tail and United written on the side I saw at Manchester over the weekend!

If not too late for the hotel, look into the Hyatt at Grand Central train station. Excellent location as the subway is literally below your room, and loads of cool diners nearby for breakfast.

Check out New York Party Tour which is a tour company, giving a really half day tour of NYC, great for getting your bearings and a really interesting tour to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Ah... That explains the Continental plane with Continental tail and United written on the side I saw at Manchester over the weekend!
        Yep - they kept the Continental logo and the United name in the merger.

Not many people were pleased with that decision - don't know what they wanted, but I remember reading about how upset they were.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Are you into fitness? Stay at the Affinia in Manhatten on honeymoon a few years back. Advertised as a fitness type hotel, but it seemed like any other, however the gym and the sauna/swedish massage was very good though.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Nope. Aint paying £2000 on a trip to spend it on a treadmill!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Where was this?

Burger looks a bit pink mind - LOL. Dont want to be tulipting through a sponge for the weekend!
              DB Bistro Moderne

Here's another pic of the burger, it was awesome:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                DB Bistro Moderne

Here's another pic of the burger, it was awesome:

Looks nice and all but $32 for a burger !!!

Comment

Working...
                X