• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boarding school - good idea or bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Maybe I'm half-deliberately missing the point, but yes I am, and some would assume that's thanks to public school. It isn't though.
    Just trying to lighten the mood. Let's go back to talking about dorm-rape then...

... odd version of the biscuit game, I thought it was a race rather than a bullying tool. I cannot for the life of me remember, which novel is it which talks about biscuit games and daisy chains?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well, I went to a bog standard (i.e. crap) Comprehensive school in the South Wales Valleys and I know about the 'biscuit game'. Even saw it played once at a party. (I did decline to play!).
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Well, I went to a bog standard (i.e. crap) Comprehensive school in the South Wales Valleys and I know about the 'biscuit game'. Even saw it played once at a party. (I did decline to play!).
        Yep, but I don't see a big problem if participation is voluntary. Unfortunately I'm not talking about voluntary participation, but child abuse carried out by 18 year olds while adult teachers turned a blind eye and kids felt too ashamed to tell their parents and get something done about it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yep, but I don't see a big problem if participation is voluntary. Unfortunately I'm not talking about voluntary participation, but child abuse carried out by 18 year olds while adult teachers turned a blind eye and kids felt too ashamed to tell their parents and get something done about it.
          To be honest, it sounds as if Brillopads missus went to the best one. I'd rather go there. I'll take a pass at yours.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            To be honest, it sounds as if Brillopads missus went to the best one. I'd rather go there. I'll take a pass at yours.
            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I will pass on the compliements!

On second thoughts......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I will pass on the compliements!

On second thoughts......
                Yeah, so how did this 'going off girls' thing happen to her then?

by the way, are you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Mich
                  Owlhoot

are there any more ?

seems like a couple of level headed ok guys to me

Started at age of 14.

Comment

Yeah, so how did this 'going off girls' thing happen to her then?

by the way, are you sure about that?
                    Apparently it was as soon as she discovered boys. I have actively encouraged her to see if she has a lesbian side. But she says she would be very uncomfortable. Once she even asked how I would feel if she wanted me to have sex with another man! Not there is is anything wrong with being gay - it's just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Started at age of 14.
                      Isn't that a bit old to start? How did that come about?

Comment

Working...
                      X