• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do you think the UK is not part of Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In a nutshell England has had a completely different philosophical tradition to Europe. Starting with the News of the World and continuing with the Daily Mail, England has believed in an overweening arrogance and unjustified sense of entitlement, while Europe believes in a Cartesian top-down approach.
    This is very clear in the current crisis, where Europe is imposing structure from on high, while the UK believes in fleecing the poor to line the pockets of the rich.

Now do try to do some reading and get an education before posting childish rubbish on here.

HTH, BIDI
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      FTFY
      Disappointing from you.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Europe is only a geographical entity.
        Sigh. It is both a political and a geographical entity.

Is this the best rant topic you can think of?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Anyway, are you enjoying the crisis? How's it working out for you? Lobsters are cheap these days I see. Yumyum.
          The crisis has not really affected me - I contract wthout breaks I don't want myself and my wife has found a job a while ago.

I have been "studying" the crisis a bit some time ago, and have reached what I feel is an adequate expanation for its origin and I have come to the conclusion that whatever politicians do has not much effect.

A crisis like this takes time to ride out as imbalances are reshuffled and people start feeling more confident in the future.

I just hope that we are already half way through our "lost decade" and that it does not become lost decades.

I believe a lot of people are suffering from job loss and lack of ability to move homes in required but they have either forgottn eor not experienced the benefits of rthe preceeding BOOM times. And I fel sorry for them.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Is this the best rant topic you can think of?
            Please elaborate on the political entity of Europe. Do you mean the European Union. Different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              Did you not go to school or something???

Ok, here is an educational update for you.

The UK IS PART OF EUROPE!!!!!
              I should have warned you that telling the Brits they're European is dangerous. Leave them to it and don't worry. They're amusing in their own little way.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I should have warned you that telling the Brits they're European is dangerous. Leave them to it and don't worry. They're amusing in their own little way.
                The UK stopped being dangerous many decades ago.

I agree that they can be amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Either way the UK is a member and therefore "in Europe".
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    Either way the UK is a member and therefore "in Europe".
                    How do you become a member of a continent?

The UK is both in Europe and the EU, I agree.

Comment

So Mr. Soerensen, as you started the thread, what have you to say about the completely different philosophical traditions in England (and I mean England) and the principial countries of the continent: France and Germany.
                      I'll give you an example: Britain's historical lack of a written constitution and the tradition of "common law", basically a strong belief that top-down rule making doesn't work and best practice is to have things emerge organically.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X