• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B launched today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Still to complicated for you Dim. I'll sum it up.

"It goes Wheeeeeeeeeeee!"
    I've got my credit card ready!

Comment

So many people try to iron out every single issue, or take too long trying to get the copy exactly right before launching only to find that on go-live day they get no traffic becasue the Search engines dont know about the site yet.

Best to quietly stick it live, and iron out the issues allowing time for the search engines to discover and crawl your site...
      The changes you make to the copy/layout in the early days will actually help you as Google will see slight changes to your site and assume its a nice active site

"Bung it live and see if it flies" thats my motto

EDIT: so well done for sticking it live and letting us all take an early look
      Last edited by Joeman; 9 January 2012, 10:30.

Comment

Did you sign up for your free SKA membership yet?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well done for getting so far.

Not sure if it's a service I'd be interested in. Couldn't easily locate a simple one page summary of what the site offers, and I'm too lazy and get bored too quickly to bother searching out the info or watching a YouTube video.

Let us know if you succeed in getting plenty of people to pay for the service. With all the free sites/services around I worry that people now expect everything for free. One of the excuses I use for my own plan B ideas when I've made so little progress with them.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
            got some coverage in the Herald and the Scotsman. Went to the Aston Martin garage yesterday. I may be getting ahead of myself.

Broch - www.brochonline.com

This time next year, Rodney...

Comment

Congratulations on your launch nad having the drive to develop your idea into a finished product. I salute you.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I'd advise you to ignore the above, utterly terrible, advice. Anybody with any nous knows that sites displaying those kinds of "seals" are usually grossly insecure, but incompetent management hope to avoid liability for the inevitable breach by claiming to have been certified by "market leaders".

I mean, given that McAfee's core business is virus scanners and they can't even make one of those that doesn't uttely cripple any system it's installed on, why should anybody trust them to be able to audit a web site?

Keep away from DP's voodoo chicken "solutions" and you might have a winner on your hands!

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'd advise you to ignore the above, utterly terrible, advice. Anybody with any nous knows that sites displaying those kinds of "seals" are usually grossly insecure, but incompetent management hope to avoid liability for the inevitable breach by claiming to have been certified by "market leaders".

I mean, given that McAfee's core business is virus scanners and they can't even make one of those that doesn't uttely cripple any system it's installed on, why should anybody trust them to be able to audit a web site?

Keep away from DP's voodoo chicken "solutions" and you might have a winner on your hands!

Good luck
                  sounds a great candidate for "split testing".. present 50% of users with the logos, and the other 50% without, and if youre monitoring your stats correctly you will soon see what the public like

Comment

I'll have to dig up the reference but I remember reading the following recently:-

The more you focus on something the more potential customers are likely to worry and panic about the items you are talking about. I.e. the more time you spend talking about security the more likely people are to think your site is insecure.

Granted its counter-intuitive but I really wouldn't spend long talking about how secure you are. Have the information to hand if people want to talk about it but keep the information on the website sparse. Customers will either automatically assume you are or ask questions don't give them time to think about it.

As for other stuff what exactly does the site do? Having looked at it 3 times I'm still none the wiser. I really want examples of how it saves me money, time or whatever before I sign up.

Even more so when its going to cost me money.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      As for other stuff what exactly does the site do?
                      By grabbing the server logs, its a crafty way for the OP to figure out where we're all working so he can get his next contract

Comment

Working...
                      X