• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not a PC anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I can do it on Gingerbread (2.3.3) - in the Applications screens, there is an option to add a new folder, or add a new page.

Not sure if I could do it on my previous Android phones - don't think I ever tried.
    Can't see the option on my new 2.3 Nexus S, or for that matter my old 2.2 phone. Though I can't help feeling the grid of icons app screen is a very Apple, and a very backwards way of using it (think Windows 3.1 Program Manager). With Android you just customise your main screens with the things you want.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Can't see the option on my new 2.3 Nexus S, or for that matter my old 2.2 phone. Though I can't help feeling the grid of icons app screen is a very Apple, and a very backwards way of using it (think Windows 3.1 Program Manager). With Android you just customise your main screens with the things you want.
      Maybe it's phone vendor specific - I don't think I could do it on my HTC Desire, but don't know what version that was on. You can do it on the Samsung Galaxy S II, though.

I tend to just use the Google search bar on the phone when I want to use an App that isn't on the home page(s), though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Mac Evangelist: Once you get a Mac you'll never look back
        Me: Hmm, I'll give it some thought
        Me: So I got a Mac
        ME: And? <shudders with delicious anticipation>
        Me: I'm not that impressed
        ME: You must be using it wrong

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          There be tons of subtle attributes
          Name some
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X