• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So was the 2nd World War all for nothing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    As far as this thread goes AtW, I'd stop there if I were you. You're getting painted into a corner and beginning to sound like an idiot, which I'm sure you are not.
    It's a matter of opinion who are the idiots in this thread, but you are correct I should stop but for other reason - need to do some coding to finish off some project that's been due for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Seeing as you seem to want to demonstrate your stupidity to the world, I'll go along with that

How can you arrest people if no law is broken?
      Or are you saying laws are being broken by hedge funds but this is being ignored?
      And if so have you any evidence?
      Didn't the UK government do something like that recently:

Retrospective, or Ex Post Facto Laws are regulations that are created "after the fact". This means that an act which was not illegal when it was committed will be declared to be illegal at a later time.
      The term is used in situations where the law is changed, making a previously committed lawful act now unlawful. Sir Stuart Bell used the term "retrospectivity" to describe the Thomas Legg audit of MPs' expenses.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Breaking news:

"Citigroup, UBS penalised for Japan rate manipulation

(AFP) – 5 hours ago

TOKYO — Japanese regulators Friday ordered the local arms of Citigroup and UBS to suspend operations for up to 30 days for allegedly trying to manipulate short-term interest rates for interbank trading.

The penalty came after former staff at UBS Securities Japan and Citigroup Global Markets Japan were accused of trying to gain an unfair advantage for their firms through interest rate manipulation.

The Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission said last week that a British trader with UBS Securities Japan had asked banks participating in the Tokyo interbank offered rate, or Tibor, to offer rates that would help his derivative transactions.

He also allegedly made similar moves related to the London interbank offered rate or Libor, it added.

The rates are the average interest rate that major banks in Tokyo and London charge for interbank lending, and are widely used as benchmark rates for other loans such as corporate borrowing.

The man later moved to Citigroup Global Markets Japan, where he allegedly conspired with his superior in similar moves aimed at benefiting their derivative transactions, the commission said.

The actions were "acknowledged to be seriously unjust and malicious, and could undermine the fairness of the markets", the Financial Services Agency said, as it ordered the firms' suspension.

The suspension will start January 10, the agency said."

Source: Citigroup, UBS penalised for Japan rate manipulation - FRANCE 24

----

Good start.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Are you saying that you base your opinion on what the stupidest half of the people in the pub think?
          I am saying that I'm not surprised in the slightest. I think you were too excited to make a funny reply you mis-read what I wrote.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Breaking news:

"Citigroup, UBS penalised for Japan rate manipulation

(AFP) – 5 hours ago

TOKYO — Japanese regulators Friday ordered the local arms of Citigroup and UBS to suspend operations for up to 30 days for allegedly trying to manipulate short-term interest rates for interbank trading.

The penalty came after former staff at UBS Securities Japan and Citigroup Global Markets Japan were accused of trying to gain an unfair advantage for their firms through interest rate manipulation.

The Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission said last week that a British trader with UBS Securities Japan had asked banks participating in the Tokyo interbank offered rate, or Tibor, to offer rates that would help his derivative transactions.

He also allegedly made similar moves related to the London interbank offered rate or Libor, it added.

The rates are the average interest rate that major banks in Tokyo and London charge for interbank lending, and are widely used as benchmark rates for other loans such as corporate borrowing.

The man later moved to Citigroup Global Markets Japan, where he allegedly conspired with his superior in similar moves aimed at benefiting their derivative transactions, the commission said.

The actions were "acknowledged to be seriously unjust and malicious, and could undermine the fairness of the markets", the Financial Services Agency said, as it ordered the firms' suspension.

The suspension will start January 10, the agency said."

Source: Citigroup, UBS penalised for Japan rate manipulation - FRANCE 24

----

Good start.
            They are not the only ones abusing their power are they?

TripAdvisor: Google abusing its power with Google Places | Tnooz
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              They are not the only ones abusing their power are they?

TripAdvisor: Google abusing its power with Google Places | Tnooz
              No, they are not but banks are far more global and their actions affect prices of commodities like oil, wheat, metals etc.

The Govt should deal with the banks.

Leave Google to me

Comment

Leave Google to me

Go get em tiger!
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

No, they are not but banks are far more global and their actions affect prices of commodities like oil, wheat, metals etc.

The Govt should deal with the banks.

Leave to me
                  So a bank is more global than google? Someone living in the jungle in Burma has more access to a branch of TSB than they do of logging on to Google?

Google is big brother. It is intrusive and holds immeasurable power to control people in a way that banks could never do.

You do talk a load of bo**ocks. It is the intrusiveness of technology that we should worry about not the banks.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    So a bank is more global than google?
                    Yes of course and far more negative in effect - Google allowed a lot of people search for information like it wasn't possible just 10 years ago.

What did banks improve so much in 10 years? I would not have cared about their profits if they did not cause prices of oil, steel, wheat and other materials go through the roof, nevermind house prices that would have never gone up so high if it wasn't for lax lending policies.

Comment

Yes of course and far more negative in effect - allowed a lot of people search for information like it wasn't possible just 10 years ago.

What did banks improve so much in 10 years? I would not have cared about their profits if they did not cause prices of oil, steel, wheat and other materials go through the roof, nevermind house prices that would have never gone up so high if it wasn't for lax lending policies.
                      If there were no banks there would be no google. If there were no banks there wouldnt even be an internet. The existence of banks is the core of progress and business. The real threat is the use of technology as wielded by google. I can go on to Google and see what houses to burgle. I can come on to sites like this and insult people. I can seduce small children as a paedo. I can incite riots.

Spare us the hypocrisy

Comment

Working...
                      X