• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucifer Box - fresh produce alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucifer Box - fresh produce alert

LB - fresh asparagus is now in season as I'm sure you are aware. We have a farm within cycling distance from us - gather all you can and suffer the paranoia experienced in the gents' urinals where everyone thinks you are suffering from a UTI!

<FleetWood™ Grammatical Shield Version="2.0" Mode="Standby" OnFleetWoodPost="Intercept" />

<FleetWood™ Grammatical Shield Version="2.0" Mode="Active" OnFleetWoodPost="EventDetetected" />
    Last edited by hyperD; 4 May 2006, 14:42.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

I'm quite partial to "Spagel" (sp)

Comment

Hey, hyperD my man. Yes, Mrs Lucifer and myself have had asparagus for the last two nights. The weather must have been ideal as it was the nicest I have ever tasted.

First night I just griddled it - lovely - but last night I tried something a little different the bloke who sold it to me suggested: spread the asparagus on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, plus a spinkle of salt and pepper. In a 200C oven for 10 minutes then out. Arrange artistically on the plate, then drizzle a little good balsamic vinegar and add a couple of parmesan shavings. Delicious. Went down nicely with a braised lamb shank on a bed of pureed parsnip.

Comment

gents'
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Hey, hyperD my man. Yes, Mrs Lucifer and myself have had asparagus for the last two nights. The weather must have been ideal as it was the nicest I have ever tasted.

First night I just griddled it - lovely - but last night I tried something a little different the bloke who sold it to me suggested: spread the asparagus on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, plus a spinkle of salt and pepper. In a 200C oven for 10 minutes then out. Arrange artistically on the plate, then drizzle a little good balsamic vinegar and add a couple of parmesan shavings. Delicious. Went down nicely with a braised lamb shank on a bed of pureed parsnip.
          blimey! can I come for dinner!?!
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Arguably gent's is acceptable as it is plural anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Arrange artistically on the plate, then drizzle a little good balsamic vinegar and add a couple of parmesan shavings. Delicious. Went down nicely with a braised lamb shank on a bed of pureed parsnip.
              Sounds wonderful - if I may be permitted to copy that recipe,[tugs forelock...]...

I always like to arrange the spear on the plate with two plump, ripe tomatoes nestled at one end to give the missus a visual treat.

It's her sort of virtual reality...!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                I always like to arrange the spear on the plate with two plump, ripe tomatoes nestled at one end to give the missus a visual treat.
                Romance is definitely not dead at hyperD Towers.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  LB - fresh asparagus is now in season as I'm sure you are aware.
                  Do they have artichokes?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Artichokes and Asparagus

Artichokes and asparagus are dead easy to grow at home. I used to grow both in the garden of my house in London.

The only problems were with the asparagus; having to eat it as soon as it appeared - leave it for a few days and it went to seed. And with the artichokes; you had to soak them in water and vinegar before cooking to get rid of the entire insect population of Southern England that had decided to set up home in the globes.

The asparagus was nicer than shop bought, but the artichokes were not as nice as the big Italian ones.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X