• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucifer Box - fresh produce alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    Do they have artichokes?
    Not sure - cycling down there tomorrow to find out...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

A hit man friend of mine, Arty, was shopping in Tescos the other week when he spotted a pound coin on the floor. As he was reaching for it a woman barged him out of the way picked it up and said finders keepers. Arty was enraged so he strangled her and took the quid. Her husband started into him so Arty dispatched him in a similar fashion!

Newspaper headline the next day: Arty chokes 2 for a pound in Tesco.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        A hit man friend of mine, Arty, was shopping in Tescos the other week when he spotted a pound coin on the floor. As he was reaching for it a woman barged him out of the way picked it up and said finders keepers. Arty was enraged so he strangled her and took the quid. Her husband started into him so Arty dispatched him in a similar fashion!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          LB - fresh asparagus is now in season as I'm sure you are aware. We have a farm within cycling distance from us - gather all you can and suffer the paranoia experienced in the gents' urinals where everyone thinks you are suffering from a UTI!
          Perhaps that's why the Belgies only eat the white ones.

To be honest, never even knew there was such a thing as white asparagus until I came here.

Joe in "not the most travelled person in the world" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            Perhaps that's why the Belgies only eat the white ones.

To be honest, never even knew there was such a thing as white asparagus until I came here.

Joe in "not the most travelled person in the world" mode.
            It's called spargle in Germany and generates almost religious fervour. Can't get anything in a restaurant without it when it's in season.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Used to be called 'sparrowgrass' and was considered a peasant food before Thatcher. A couple of ASBOs later and the entire hoi polloi are nipping down Chavsco and proclaiming "hail the mighty middle class sustenance"... or something...

right, back to me BBQ.... "Charles, another bottle of Château Lafite!"
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Do they have artichokes?
                Jerusalem artichokes are just going out of season (I'm using the last I could find to make some cream of artichoke soup tonight). Globe artichokes have just come into season and I served up a couple last weekend steamed with some home made hollandaise sauce as a classic starter.

Franco, as you live in SW19 get yourself to the Wimbledon Park Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings. They have all the latest seasonal produce and more besides.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  Sounds wonderful - if I may be permitted to copy that recipe,[tugs forelock...]...

I always like to arrange the spear on the plate with two plump, ripe tomatoes nestled at one end to give the missus a visual treat.

It's her sort of virtual reality...!
                  Please, please, no grovelling. Get up now, there's a good fellow. Go ahead and try it, it's delicious and so easy. 10 mins leaves it softened but with good texture. If you want it crispy, 7-8 mins will be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                    blimey! can I come for dinner!?!
                    That sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we could all have a CUK dinner party?

Dodgy, of course, can bring his frozen garlic bread and boil in the bag meal for one so that he doesn't feel overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

Very good, we need more high brow humour like this here.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X