• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucifer Box - fresh produce alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sparrowgrass

We've just planted some in raised beds in the garden - just have to wait a couple of years before harvest. meanwhile its down the farm.

As a trad eater, I like it steamed, with butter, black pepper and bread - which brings me to a Q.

I have tried several recipies for a good dark rye bread - never had much success though. Im after something like the village bakery stuff.

Suggestions please oh epicurian gurus...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      It's called spargle in Germany and generates almost religious fervour. Can't get anything in a restaurant without it when it's in season.
      Der Spargel. (Im Fleetwood-Modus)

The shops are full of it here too. I'll be trying out LB's cooking method this weekend.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Dodgy, of course, can bring his frozen garlic bread and boil in the bag meal for one so that he doesn't feel overwhelmed.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
          I'll be trying out LB's cooking method this weekend.
          Let me know how it goes! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

To NHBUChickens: Yes, I made some nice dark rye bread a couple of weeks ago. The trick is to put in some dark muscovado sugar (or black treacle if you like it really dark) and to glaze it with butter as soon as it comes out of the oven. Scrummy.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Very good, we need more high brow humour like this here.
            There you go threaded me ol' mucker...

Beldar Conehead: An owner's manual to a Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable.
            Highmaster: Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable?
            Beldar Conehead: A personal conveyance named after its inventor, an assassinated ruler, a character from Greco-Roman myth and a small furry mammal.
            Highmaster: Ah
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
            X