• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism arrest - yikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    its a crime so long as the recipient perceives it as being racist, or something

it's a bit like HMRC with cuffs and a truncheon. 'Your deemed mate. you're fckng deemed'

hell in a handcart. hell in a handcart

It doesn't matter what they perceive - it still has to be proved! In that case I would not accept the caution and let them take it to court. It would simply be their word against yours.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      It doesn't matter what they perceive - it still has to be proved! In that case I would not accept the caution and let them take it to court. It would simply be their word against yours.
      Thats not what I read in the Dail Mail

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Thats not what I read in the Dail Mail

If you accept the caution then they don't have to prove anything as you have admitted you did commit the crime. If you refuse to accept it then, like any other crime, they have to prove that you did what you have been accused of. OK if you belong to the EDL that's not going to be too hard to prove, but in the case of somebody remonstrating with another person, who has not displayed any racist tendancies, then if nobody heard them, I still fail to see how it could be proved.

It's just the police use the accept the caution and we'll let you out of the cells bit to encourage the admission (even if they are not guilty) because it makes their stats look better. Another solved crime!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          He admitted a lesser charge.

What is interesting though is that if the accusation is made the police must act and call you in. Bit scary really.
          I think it's entirely reasonable to interview someone if an accusation is made. To arrest someone - or intimidate them with arrest - is another thing and should demand a higher level of evidence. Depriving someone of their liberty through arrest should be a very serious matter.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking he should mind his own business and he won't end up in this pickle?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Am I the only one thinking he should mind his own business and he won't end up in this pickle?
              Clampers and subsequent towing away are bastards. I had well known problems at my shop a few years back.

I believe that clamping is going to be outlawed next year(which is how u get towed from private land) any company doing that at the present will just be going hellbent for leather at the moment.

So no. Stick your nose in.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That was my first thought as well. He got involved because 'he thought they looked dodgy'

which is a bloody good reason NOT to get involved , in my book

anyways

hell in a handcart eh

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He ought to read this before going: The Justice Gap » Blog Archive » Chat – or interview?

Comment

This country is f**ked
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Either someone broke the law beyond reasonable doubt. Or they didn't.
                      It'd be nice if it still worked that way.
                      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
                      X