• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Racism arrest - yikes"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Get stuffed, whitey.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    A bit of a scary story from Manchester.

Last night the police turn up, 'present yourselves at the station on Friday to answer accusations of making racist remarks. you will almost certainly be arrested'

the workmate is convinced the two tow-truck guys were English

hell in a handart. hell in a hancart

What does it matter if they were English ? You can still make a racist remark against an english person based on the colour of their skin

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Don't even SPEAK to the police at the station without a solicitor present. ...
    Do not speak to the police at anytime without a solicitor present if they've read you your rights. (Or whatever it's called now).

Even non-dodgy plod will go for the line of least resistance, and anything you do say is highly likely to be used against you. It's not a search for the truth, it's a search for the blame-to party.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    So did he make a racist comment?
    well, the story is that they didnt. they didnt even think that the tow-van guys were 'othered'

but, to be honest, who knows ?

not I

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    lol at the tags - 'scouse tosser'

yeah - bring it on you wooly back gob sh1tes

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    So did he make a racist comment?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I know it wasn't you EO, it was a bit of advice for those thinking 'what would I do in that situation?'
    well make it clear next time, you English cnt

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I know it wasn't you EO, it was a bit of advice for those thinking 'what would I do in that situation?'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    WBBS with bells on.

If you believe you are innocent DO NOT accept a caution. Refuse and wait for the duty solicitor.
    er.. its not me.

It REALLY is a friend of a friend of a friend.

If it was me, I'd get ten years no problem. damn right too. I hate those 'othered' bastids

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    WBBS with bells on.

If you believe you are innocent DO NOT accept a caution. Refuse and wait for the duty solicitor.
    Don't even SPEAK to the police at the station without a solicitor present.

I know a couple of coppers and have heard their stories. They are untrustworthy *****.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    It doesn't matter what they perceive - it still has to be proved! In that case I would not accept the caution and let them take it to court. It would simply be their word against yours.
    WBBS with bells on.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You only 'get a caution' if you admit to the offence and accept the caution. Then it goes on your record.
    If they offer a caution it usually means theres not enough evidence to prosecute, but they want to solve a crime for their statistics and it's less paperwork for them

And worse, accepting a caution can cause problems for security clearance as you're deemed to have commited an offence

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by rpgpgmr1 View Post
    I think , but am not certain that a caution is never ever spent . A criminal record will expire and does not have to be declared for ever . Since a caution never expires , in theory it always has to be declared i.e Application forms asking about a criminal record.
    Hope I am wrong , but a caution is only "easy" for the police - not the person being cautioned.
    https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q562.htm

Cautions (including reprimands and warnings) are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 so will become spent immediately (apart from conditional cautions which will become spent after 3 months). This means that if you are asked on an application form if you have a caution you can reply 'no'. For conditional cautions it would be after 3 months since the caution was issued, up until that time you would have to reply 'yes'.

This applies retrospectively so applies to anyone who has ever had a caution (including reprimands and warnings), regardless of when it was given.

If the application form says that the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 then the caution must be disclosed, no matter how long ago it was given.

However, this does not mean that it will not be disclosed on a CRB check. Under the current system all cautions, reprimands and final warnings are disclosed on both Standard and Enhanced CRB disclosures no matter how far back they go. If a caution / reprimand / warning is on record then it will be disclosed.

Cautions will always remain on a person's record. There are only exceptional circumstances when a caution could be removed from a person's record and it is anticipated that such incidents will be rare. Examples of such possible circumstances are that it was found that the original arrest or sample was unlawful or where it was found beyond all doubt that no offence existed. Any requests that fit the above criteria should be directed to the Chief Constable of the force concerned.

Leave a comment:

• rpgpgmr1
    replied
    I think , but am not certain that a caution is never ever spent . A criminal record will expire and does not have to be declared for ever . Since a caution never expires , in theory it always has to be declared i.e Application forms asking about a criminal record.
    Hope I am wrong , but a caution is only "easy" for the police - not the person being cautioned.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Either someone broke the law beyond reasonable doubt. Or they didn't.
    It'd be nice if it still worked that way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X