• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    'Tis odd when you hear them in their real accents, like that Scottish lady in Breaking Bad, and the CIA chief chappy in Homeland.
    Lidia? I'd heard she was Scottish but I've never heard her real accent yet.

Don't think we'll be hearing much from the CIA chief in Homeland again

Comment

'Tis odd when you hear them in their real accents, like that Scottish lady in Breaking Bad, and the CIA chief chappy in Homeland.
      And Hugh Laurie in House.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        And Hugh Laurie in House.
        That's different, I've heard his real accent for years so his American accent still sounds weird to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Lidia? I'd heard she was Scottish but I've never heard her real accent yet.

Don't think we'll be hearing much from the CIA chief in Homeland again
          She was in ''A knights tale''
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Is it any good though? That's the key feature of The Wire.
            Just seen one episode so it hard to say. Some shows have a good first episode/pilot but fail to deliver after that. Will just have to wait and see.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I coudn't believe Charlie Huffnam from Sons of Anarchy is a Geordie and used to be in Boiker Grove!

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                I coudn't believe Charlie Huffnam from Sons of Anarchy is a Geordie and used to be in Boiker Grove!
                You'd believe it if you'd seen Green Street. His cockney accent is right up there with Dick Van Dyke's. Thankfully his American one is much better.

Comment

Or 'Egg' in The Walking Dead.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Any see the new Breaking Bad episode?

It was good

"If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" ... Brilliant !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Any see the new Breaking Bad episode?

It was good

"If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" ... Brilliant !
                      I disagree, I don't want to say too much in case others have missed it, but I can see it (in true American style) end so not to glamourise drugs and have WW helping Hank to close down the rest of the Meth ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X